Chapter 8

I saved her from those rapists, but that doesn't mean anything close to love or anything related to that shit. It's what normal people do to protect girls from perverts who think they can have their way with them against their will.

"So what about those bodyguards you killed along with her so they wouldn't catch her? You were literally becoming her guardian angel all the way back." My vampire beast teased.

"I did that?"

"No, your ghost did." He laughed, and I grit my teeth, increasing my pace towards my room.

I can't believe I really did all that.

What came over me?

"Jaden!" My mother came hugging me as she stepped out of the palace, meeting me in the sitting room just as I was about climbing up the stairs.

"We were worried." She added, pecking my cheek.

"No more worries." Can I go to my room now?"

"Not yet, son." My father cut in, walking out of the palace too.

I sighed, facing him.

"Please, I'm tired and need to rest my head."

"You have a visitor. They had been waiting since you went to that pack with your friend and those spies. They insist on seeing you because they come from a faraway kingdom. Please honor their...

"Fine." I snapped, taking a deep breath, and I saw a huge smile appear on my mother's face.

"Thank you." She beamed, taking my hand as she accompanied me to the palace. I wonder who this visitor was.

"Here he is....." My mother announced it as soon as we entered through the door, and they stood up. A man, a woman, and a girl in between, all dressed in gold royal attire. With their scent, I knew they were vampires too, from other clans.

They were families and were the visitors waiting for me, but what I don't understand is their reason for being here for me because I haven't met them before. Their faces were strange to me.

I sat on the lower throne beside my father, staring expressionless at them as I waited for whatever they had to say.

"Please introduce yourselves. I'm sure he doesn't know you all." My father coaxed, smiling gently.

"The introduction can wait. What are you all waiting for me for?" I interrupted, and their daughter, who actually looked pretty but really appearing as if she was going on a date. Like, I don't understand why she seemed all primped and carefully dressed up.

Her blonde hair was styled in an elegant up-do, and her makeup flawlessly applied, accentuating her natural features. Her skin may had a radiant glow as the result of careful skincare treatments, really opposite from that of the wolf girl I met. She wore a beautiful gold gown, accessorized with elegant jewelry, a matching purse, and shoes and also carry herself with confidence like the princess she was, but I don't care.

The man began...

"We are here because our daughter really wanted to meet you. She had seen you occasionally at the vampire ball ceremony but didn't have the chance to talk or...."

"So?" I cut in again. He became uneasy, and his daughter was already making that sad face, but who cares.

"We discussed with your parents about a family bond. We are the rulers of the Draken clan of the vampire kingdom, clearly the greatest clan after this clan. My daughter has just one wish, and that's to get close to you and be your friend and.. you know... lover. She really loves you, and I can see you both would really match, and our family can bond to become undefeatable and greatest." He explained, saying every word with so much enthusiasm that smiles were dancing on everyone's faces, including my parents