Chapter 46

"Don't suffocate me, babe," I teased under her arms, and she quickly released me, her eyes full of tears, which she kept drying with her palm as those pretty innocent eyes fell on me.

I sat up with her help, leaning on the wall. She gently brushed aside the astrayed strands of hair covering my face; her face beamed with excitement. 

"I was so scared." She moaned, caressing my cheek as more tears fell from her eyes.

I was weak, and my breath was shallow. I was also feeling a painful headache hitting my skull hard, but I kept a smiling face, feigning to be all fine, so she would have no reason to panic.

"Joy, how long was I unconscious?" I asked calmly, and she threw a quick glance at the clock, sighing as she turned back at me.

"It's midnight now. You've been out for almost six hours. That asshole hurt you badly with the slave mark. A wicked soul like him should be skinned alive!" She seethed, holding my palm gently, concern and care brimming in her eyes as they scrutinized my body. "Do you feel any serious pain? I can take you to the hospital." 

"I am fine. Can you get me water?" I requested, and she sped off like the wind, almost stumbling, which made me chuckle.

Just as she left, the morgue attendants, Callen and his sister Sophia, walked in and paused in their tracks the moment they saw I was awake and already sitting up.

My eyes locked with Callen's, and I felt the tug of rage in my heart. I felt the fury that burned like hell, nudging me to kill him. My hatred for him knows no bounds now, and all I wish is to see him dead. The stinging pain of his slave mark struck at me at that moment, bringing tears to my eyes even when I fought hard to keep them at bay.

He gestured at the morgue attendants to leave, leaving only his sister. 

"You are back again. Did you visit your mother in the land of the dead?" Sophia scowled while Callen smirked as they both walked closer to my bed.

"I visited Callen's grave. I had to make it available for him because he will be entering there soon!" I snorted, and he smiled wryly, peering at my face.

"Is your brain damaged? And you lost all memories, making you forget that I am your master. Never call me Callen. From today on, I bind you to call me master all the days of your life!" He commanded, placing his index finger tip on the slave mark, a ritual that would force me to call him master and face burning pain around the mark anytime I did anything else.

A muffled cry escaped my lips, anger ripping my heart apart. I was weak, and that was the only reason I hadn't attacked him with a bite and yanked out any part of his flesh my teeth clenched at.

"Who am I to you?" He asked, and it was as if my lips were enchanted, forcing me to call him master, but I was ready to face whatever pain.

"A dead man!" I spat, and the slave mark felt like hellish fire burning my skin, sending excruciating pain all over my neck. I burst into a sharp cry, biting my lips to hold them back.

They both burst into derisive laughter, watching me go through pain.

"Keep being stubborn, pig!" Sophia snorted.

"It would be fun in school, you know?" Callen remarked, and she nodded, grinning from ear to ear.

"Let's go and sleep. This trash can't keep us awake. She will learn to call you master the hard way. My friends in school will help to put her in her place." Sophia said to Callen as they both giggled and headed out. It was then that Joy returned with the cup of water, passing them at the doorstep.

"Hey," I heard Sophia call her.

She turned to them.

"Are you now her maid? Since when did you switch from being my mother's slave and now work for her?" Sophia blurted sternly.