Chapter 26

"What did Selene do? Did she show any hybrid powers or special or different abilities beyond the normal? Did you find out she was gifted in any way? Please tell me!" My voice cut in, as I couldn't stand there any longer. I couldn't wait, as I was really anxious to hear what her answer would be, as it might really give me a hint on why the demon king is obsessed with her death.

I knew I shouldn't be worried about his reasons because he is totally powerless, but no one can be too sure about that witty creature. He had never met Selene but was impatient to hear about her death, as if she were preventing him from doing something.

He greatly despised us, the werewolves, for what we did to him, and I was so sure he would spend almost all his life trying to find a way to get revenge. For him to request Selene's death is totally weird and confusing, and that's why my heart couldn't be at rest.

"Mama, when did you enter here? Have you been standing there watching us?" Callan, my son, asked in surprise, peering at me, but I didn't bother to give him any glimpses. My whole attention was on the young girl, who was blinking and hesitating to say anything.

"You have to tell me if you find out any strange things about Selene. I need to know here and now!" I was almost shouting as I walked closer, pissed at her silence.

If Selene were a gift from the moon goddess, she would start showing some slight strange abilities that no werewolf or Lycan can do. She would have two beasts in her, and her wolf fur would be snow white. Only if she were a gift from the moon goddess could that be a possible reason why the demon king wants her dead.

White wolves are like nightmares in the demon's history, and until they are dead, there is no way they will succeed. Their appearance is a sign and warning that the demons are planning an evil attack to unleash, which would cause fatal destruction to millions of wolves, so they are well protected until their full powers are unlocked. 

I needed to know if Selene was one of them. She couldn't shift, so I have no idea what her fur is like. She was a mixed breed of vampire, which was forbidden. There was no reason for her to be a white wolf except that the demon king wants her dead, so if this girl can confirm she experienced Selene perform some special abilities, then it could be possible to some extent.

"Mom, I don't know why you're asking Helen such a ridiculous question! Why are you here in the first place?!" My son blurted with a frown, creasing his brows as he slumped on the bed.

"Why are you silent all this time?!" I asked Helen in an angry tone, snubbing him again, and I could hear his rumble and hiss.

The young girl hesitated for a few seconds, her eyes peering brightly at me, before she shook her head.

"I am sorry, my queen. I lied just to make him release me. I was scared he would kill me, which is why I lied. She did nothing strange. Selene is wretched and miserable as always." She replied, all her words coming in a rush as she blinked rapidly.

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes." She breathed, curtsying, and I heaved a breath of relief. I really can't bear seeing Selene become a white wolf and someone everyone would adore and bow to. It would be a slap in the face. I can't live with that embarrassment.

"So you are also lying to me? Yuck! Just tell me one reason why you should still be standing in front of me. I feel like dragging you by the hair and flinging you out of the window. Get out now!!" My son yelled furiously, and the girl made to scamper out, but I quickly grabbed her hand, stopping her from leaving.

"Mom, don't even try it." He fumed.

"I will have to. She is your girlfriend." I smiled wryly, and he scoffed.