Chapter 67

"Okay, I will do as you said as long as you will still help me become the Lycan king's bride and have his baby." I muttered under my breath, feeling a bit guilty at the thought of killing Callen and Sophia, but if they are the sacrifice I have to offer to get what I so much desire, then I am ready to do it.

"I can't take back my promise. And I hope you know the child you'd be carrying isn't his, but he will never find out, so no worries." He let out a smug smile, bringing out a bunch of keys from his pocket.

"I have done a lot of abomination in this pack, so I can't stay here any longer. The Moon Ball Festival is next week; please don't fail me. I need to go home with the Lycan king." I pleaded, tears almost forming in my eyes.

I wasn't sorry or sad for whatever sins I had committed against this pack, and I didn't care if they perished or not, but it would be my greatest nightmare to fail at the end and join among the people who would face the wrath of the demons when they overthrew us.

The plan is to leave before that dreadful time and live with the Lycan king, while I hope somehow they survive the terror.

"Laura, don't let anxiety slip in now that the job is almost done. We are both doing our parts perfectly, and you have been awesome in yours, so there is no way I will let you down." He smiled and pecked my cheek, irritated, but I had to smile and act calm.

He unlocked every one of the shackles around my hands and legs.

"Where is Ceiline, and what's the plan with her?" I asked curiously, and he shrugged.

"Nothing much, just a few more jobs to be done with the face of Selene. I have a feeling the vampires have allowed her to stay, maybe because of Jaden or whatever, but I will still hit them one last time, and it will be a nightmare for Selene." He burst into a croaky laughter that reeked of evil and cruelty.

"This night I will bring their hearts to you, and you will explain to me everything about the plan to make me the Lycan king's chosen bride. Let me know what you have in store for me before that day, please." I whined, hissing silently as a kind of feeling swam through me. That terrifying moment of being betrayed by the demon king was something I really didn't want to face.

"Do you need a blood covenant to believe I won't betray you?" He asked, and I took a deep breath before nodding.

"When I bring the hearts, we will make the covenant." I mumbled and headed out while he chuckled from behind.

"You really have trust issues, but I love you that way."

I almost threw up hearing him say he loved me. His voice is something I wish to never hear again, and it feels so good to know that it was only a matter of one week before everything would be over. 

When I got out, I made sure to bathe well and dress up. It was almost evening. As I stepped out of my room, I saw the bodyguard holding the key to my room. He was sitting in a corner of the hallway, tears all over his face as he kept sobbing and yelping.

"What is wrong?" My voice made him flinch in shock as he sprang up, trying to dry his eyes. He looked at me with a lot of confusion and uncertainty, which I can't actually explain.

"Why are you crying here?" I asked calmly, and when I took a few steps forward, he drew back frantically, shaking his head.

"Where were you? No one was in that room when a vampire and Joy went in, and later you entered. Then suddenly the two of them returned with a woman who was really worn out and drained like a prisoner who had stayed in a cage for many years."

"What else?" I asked, staring at the thumping of his heart, which I was going to pluck out now to kill him. I just want him to say everything so I'll know if he has told anyone anything.