Chapter 65

Selene's POV 

I was stranded, standing outside the boundary as the big gate closed in front of me. I heard as the banning ritual was being made, ending my membership or any kind of link I had with the pack since birth. It was as if they had been waiting for a good reason to do this, as it all went so fast with no one ready to listen to me.

A deep, hopeless sigh escaped my lips as I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat, my eyes roaming around the forest and vast expanses of empty land staring back at me. All I could hear were chirps, insects, and free birds flying and singing harmoniously to each other.

My eyes moved frantically from right to left as I began to walk, not knowing which way to go. It hurts that there is absolutely no one beside me now. The heart-wrenching sadness of realizing that you might have been abandoned by even your best friend crept inside me.

Hot tears burned in my eyes at this moment while I tried drying them, but they kept spilling. I kept asking myself, Where do they all go? Even Joy had disappeared.

How could Jaden leave without caring what my fate would be like? I was with him last night, and he is the only one who should trust me and stand by me, but he is gone. 

I don't blame him for running out to check on his mother. Yes, family is the first and most important part of anyone's life, but now that he hasn't returned, where will I go?

Am I going to roam around like a lost soul, wandering with no aim? The news of what I did would easily spread like wildfire to all packs and kingdoms, and that would make it almost impossible to be received by any other pack.

I began to walk further along the lonely path that led to somewhere I couldn't tell, tears rolling down my cheeks. In the blink of an eye, I had lost everything just when I thought it was getting better. 

My legs wobbled as I looked around again, seeing no one. The world was just void and lonely, and it brought sadness to my soul.

It's been a few hours since Jaden and Jake left, and none have returned to know how I was faring. Why?

"What is my wrong to deserve all this?! Why does no one believe me?!" I burst into a scream, my cracking, gloomy voice echoing through the forest.

"And who says no one believed you?" The voice I had been longing for spoke to me from behind, and I had to hesitate for some time because I was finding it hard to believe it was real. Somehow, I thought it was in my head.

"You were walking too fast, baby girl." Joy's voice followed Jaden's voice that I had heard earlier, and I swirled immediately, my eyes widening and my jaw dropping in surprise and disbelief as I saw Jaden, Jake, Joy, and Jake's mother walking towards me.

"That's your mother." I gasped, blinking continuously as the woman smiled, displaying a striking resemblance to Joy. A single glance was enough to know she was her mother. 

"Yes, Jake and I went to save her, and Jaden has been around here all this time looking out for you to make sure you don't go far before we return." She replied with her cheeky tone of happiness as she giggled and ran into me in a hug. 

I was speechless, with emotions bubbling inside me uncontrollably. I couldn't just contain my happiness seeing my friends actually here for me. 

Jaden walked up to me with that charming smile, his hands dipped inside his pockets.

"What are those tears I'm seeing in your eyes? They shouldn't be there, my love. We all believe you, and Joy's mother is a witness to vindicate you." He said it in such a sweet voice as he used his fingers to gently wipe out the tears that spilled down my face.