Chapter 41

"Is that a threat to your family? What do you mean by we don't know who you really are?" His father snarled at him, breathing heavily as they both exchanged a furious stare at each other.

"You will only understand when Selene dies. For now, I have nothing to tell you or the other dumb heads gathered here!" Jaden hissed, walking away with heavy steps, and even his heavy breaths of anger could be heard.

"Jaden, come back here!" His mother beckoned, calling out his name continuously, but Jaden didn't even pause, not to mention turn to answer her.

"As you leave here, make sure you are going into your room. It's better you stay indoors and meditate on all your sudden bad deeds. You are the heir and should lead by example, but now I can't even recognize you as my son. You have turned into a bad egg!" His father lashed out, and it was like it struck him like an arrow.

The harsh statement from his father made him pause his pace as he swirled and glared at him, his face as cold as ice.

"Are you going to force me if I refuse to go to my room? He asked, his voice brimming with exasperation as he gritted his teeth, puffing and huffing.

"You have been put on a restraining order, which prevents you from leaving this castle for three days. It is a moment set aside for you to become sober and have deep thinking and resolution about your recent wrongdoings. The sorcerers and doctors will also use these days to check on you thoroughly, making sure you are in your right state of mind, spirit, and body," the king said softly to him with a gentle and reassuring smile, which made Jaden more infuriated.

"You are really pushing me to the wall, old man!" He seethed, his fists clenched tight, and both eyes were red.

"I'm glad you know I am old already. That is why I will never allow you to go astray, son. You are my hope and heir to this magnificent throne that holds a lot of powers and authorities. We are the most powerful vampire kingdom, and that legacy should continue with you. What will the vampire world think of you when they hear you fell in love with a wolf? Think! Think, son!" 

The vampire king's voice was like the roar of a lion, but he wasn't angry. He just looks disappointed and scared to see his son this way. I was mute all through, avoiding any suspicion from my side. I will be killed if I am the one suspected of having a relationship with a werewolf.

His mother rose from her throne and walked over to him. Placing her hand on his shoulder with a motherly smile, she purred.

"We love you and have the responsibility of protecting you. We are doing the right thing for you even though you can't see it clearly now. We are.

"So, do you want to tell me that killing the woman I love is an act of protecting me?" Jaden snapped angrily, shoving her hand away from his shoulder as he took a few steps back, frowns etching on his face.

"Stop saying you love her, please. It is not real!" A voice cut in, and it was the voice of Celine, who had been sitting there with her parents, sadness written all over her face. I guess she couldn't bear it anymore.

"Who is this?" Jaden scoffed as he gave her the most derisive and mockeryful stare, as if she were a piece of trash.

"I am Celine, your fiance. Jaden, your mother is right. Your parents are doing their best for you. I swear, that Selene of a girl is using charm on you." She chirped, standing to her feet and placing both hands on her waist, while Jaden sneered and shook his head disgustingly.

"You must be really delusional to call yourself my fiance. I hardly recognize you." He snorted, and I could see Celine's brows furrowed and her eyes filled with pain as tears welled up in them. The corner of her lips turned downward, showing how deeply hurt she felt hearing him say such things to him.