Chapter 71

Alpha Logan's POV

It had been more than 24 hours. I was sure I had laid here dormant and useless for a full day with all the doctors coming and going, performing all kinds of treatments on my eyes and throat to heal me, but it was all futile, only inflicting me with pain, yet I can't scream or cry out loud at them to leave me alone.

They all can't understand my ailments because they are beyond their understanding. Laura was being pretentious all around, sobbing and rubbing my forehead as if she cared while instructing for more doctors to be fetched for me.

All I could do was lay limp like the useless being I had been turned into because there was no voice to say anything, nor did I have eyes to see and write down whatever I had in mind.

When people are around, Laura acts like the caring Luna, but when they leave, she mocks and laughs at me.

My eyes seemed like they were burning as this doctor, who I don't know where he came from, began to apply something to my eyes.

I was panting, gnashing my teeth, and sweating profusely while my eyes burned like they were placed on fire.

"Apply it more, please," Laura said to him, and I began to shake my head vehemently to show disapproval, but what happened next shocked me.

Laura ordered that I should be tied, and even with all my gestures and signs of warning for them not to dare tie me up, I was still tied hands and lags to the bed stand.

"Now add more so his eyes will heal." Laura commanded, and the doctor did just as she said, inflicting me with intense pain that made me convulse like a baby.

Tears flooded uncontrollably down my eyes as they itched and stung so badly that I felt like I would die.

"You all can leave now." Laura said, and as soon as they were all gone, she burst into another round of laughter, clapping her hand and stamping her feet on the ground in giddy

"Blind Barbie doll." She called out so scornfully, and all I could do was keep mute like the useless man I had been made into.

I was tired of my life and all the mistakes I had made. The only reason I was still alive was because Laura had told me my mate was Joy's mother, and both are still alive and staying with Selene in the vampire kingdom.

Even if it was just for a day, I want to stay with her, feel her touch, see her face, and experience the real sensation that waves through the skin when I have my real mate in my arms.

I was going to accept the demon's proposal just so I would live, and I prayed the moon goddess would be merciful to me a bit so I could spend at least a day with her. I really wish the time would reverse so I could make right all my wrongs, but that's a stupid wish that will never happen. I just hope to get a chance.

"You should learn to deal with the demon king too. He loves deals. You know your life is worthless already; what is your greatest wish? He can grant it to you while you let him have what he wants." Laura said to me, and I nodded.

I was ready to submit this time. After just twenty-four hours of being this way, I can't bear it anymore. For anything, I wouldn't want to be this way. She just called me a Barbie doll. A name that tore my heart into pieces. I need to regain my sight and voice. The demon can do to me whatever he wishes, but Laura will never go scot-free.

I must end her life for destroying mine.

"I know you hate me so much now, but accepting the demon king deal means we are a team. You have no right to hurt me because we all have our reasons for being in this mess." She stated it as if she read my mind.