Chapter 47

Selene's POV

My eyes fluttered open as I sprang from the bed after a full bucket of cold water splashed on me.
My sharp shout from shock echoed through the room as I felt chilled, the water drenching my entire body.

"What is the time?! And you're still on the bed!!" Sophia's angry voice bashed into my head, and I couldn't even get a few seconds to process everything as a painful slap from her struck my cheek so hard that my face snapped to the right, and I almost stumbled and fell.

"It's our first day of school, and you want me to be late?" She yelled again while I held onto the wooden edge of the bed, wincing as I fought back my tears, which wouldn't stop spilling from the burning ache in my cheek where she slapped.

"Will you go and get dressed now before I break your empty head?" She blasted at me again, and I raised my head, facing her with heavy breath as my tears rolled down freely.

I could see her already dressed in her pretty well-fitting school uniform, which was a white collared button shirt with a tie worn with a brown pleated skirt halfway up her thigh. On her legs were long white stockings and black shoes.

She looked so damn sexy and beautiful that I couldn't help admiring her. Her blonde hair was permed, flowing down her back like a waterfall, and it was so admirable that I began to feel jealous already. There is no doubt that any guy who sees her will have their jaws dropped.

"You can only dream of being like me, pathetic slave!" She ridiculed me, brushing a few strands of her hair as her face beamed with pride and mockery at me. I felt the heat up my cheek while I quickly looked away from her.

"You have just a minute to get dressed and follow us to school. Don't dare keep us waiting!" She snapped and hissed, heading to the door.

"What should I wear? I don't have the uniforms.." I spoke out, and she paused, then swirled—scorn all over her face—and that wouldn't even allow me to look at her anymore as I stared at the ground.

"You also want to wear a uniform to school? As what? A student? In your whole miserable life, you can never afford to get enrolled in that school even for a day, bitch! You are lucky to be following us since you're my brother's slave, but don't dream of being dressed as a student because a pig like you can't be among royals!" She spat, her voice so berating that one would think I had done something terrible to her.

"I've heard you." I muttered, and she burst into laughter as she walked out. "This trash really thinks she would be dressed like me. Yuck!" Her derisive voice could be heard as she made her way out.

I hissed and went over to prepare, fuming and grunting to myself as anger and frustration wreaked havoc inside me. I could imagine how shameful it would be to walk into the class, being awkward in my mufty dress, which isn't even appealing. 

Why won't they sew a school uniform for me, no matter how bad it looks? Why would they want me to be the subject of mockery?

I kept mumbling and hissing in exasperation as my eyes burned with tears. I can't tell what would actually happen in school today, but it is obvious I would face hell in front of those spoilt kids. 

It is a school specially built for royal blood—sons and daughters of Alphas, Betas, Gammas, Deltas, and Heads of Royal Guards. Every child linked to royalty is the only kind of student allowed to enroll in the school, so that means they are all from wealthy and respected families.

There was definitely no room for slaves like me.

Another hiss slipped my lips as I dried my body with the old, worn out towel, ignoring the mirror to avoid more heartbreak after seeing how I looked.