Chapter 75

"The King commanded you to shut up, bitch!" The guard who had hit me seethed in so much hatred and disgust in his voice, but it wasn't compared to the ones I saw in King Lucas' face. 

My voice, my presence, and everything about me seemed to be irking him to the core, and seeing what my fate had turned into made more tears fall from my eyes as I whimpered silently. 

The pain from the bodyguard kick felt like nothing compared to what i felt seeing Lucas hateful stare. Not only had I lost everything, I might end up being killed by the same man I fell madly in love with.

"Any more sound from you, and I swear to show you what my rage can do!" He warned sternly, his finger pointed at me.

I knew he was damn serious, but the heartbreak was overwhelming, and I couldn't control myself anymore.

"Give me a second chance. I made a mistake, and I admit it. I did wrong, and I am ready to pay for it all, but just have mercy on me. I will be the best person that has ever come into your life. I will..."

He won't allow me to talk further. I had crossed the line, and he wasn't going to take it anymore. My obsession blinded my eyes and hazed my mind to the deadly consequences that come with disobeying the Lycan king.

He is a man no one dares because his anger is like a fierce and wild fire burning down everything without mercy, also like a storm that could drown a titanic ship.

He is a man in god form whose history speaks for him. Even though he had become calm these days, learning to become normal like everyone else and control his rage, we all knew that nature was still in him and hadn't dare to cross his line.

All these thoughts vanished from my mind till he attacked me savagely like a bloodthirsty monster. My legs stuck to the floor, my blood running cold, and every hair stood to its length. I felt chilled watching death hit at me.

It was like a storm as his punches struck my stomach, flinging me to the wall behind, which I slammed so hard that my bones made a loud, sickening crack as an overwhelming pain consumed me in a way I couldn't breathe.

"You made my daughter suffer terribly as a Luna, which you ended up not being a true one. You work hand in hand with the demon king and were the one who gave him the chance to return the second time. After all these, you still had the guts to talk when I ordered you to stay mute." He growled, his voice rumbling like thunder and reeking with everything defined as deadly.

I was trying to recover from the blow when he gripped me on the neck, his powerful palm clenching it so tight and firm that l I could do was shiver and expect death because all my strength had sapped out and air couldn't enter my lungs.

He was too strong and in an uncontrollable rage that spoke volumes about how much he didn't care about me dying at that moment. His eyes are lethal red, and every muscle on his body was pumped out with visible veins. 

His claws formed out and pierced deep into my neck, sending heartbreaking pain coursing all over me as I struggled to breathe, but it wasn't working. My eyes bulged, my tongue poked out, and tears fell freely down my eyes as I weakly held his firm grip, feeling life leaving me.

Just then, as I was about to lose consciousness with everything fading out, I caught a blurry glimpse of someone scurrying towards King Lucas to stop him. He was already so mad and deadly now that no one dared move an inch to stop him from killing me, but this woman picked up the courage.

Do you know who it was?

Evelyn.

I recognized her clearly when she spoke to him. It was her voice. But what stunned me more was the effect she suddenly had on him.