Chapter 7

I stood there for some minutes, pondering what just happened with my eyes fixed on the exact spot he left from. I could still feel and hear the thumping of my heart, still accelerating real quick, as the image of his face was all that filled my mind like a dark cloud before rainfall.

This was the first time I met a vampire, and it was still so hard to accept that he was one of them. Why was he tender to me? Why didn't he harm me or even allow anyone to hurt me? The young man literally saved me from being raped by those disgusting perverts.

How possible is it that a vampire, our biggest enemy and rival, was the one who rescued me from my own people who tried to harm me. This is really ridiculous and doesn't seem real.

The sun had set, and night was fast approaching. I mean, it was already dark, and if I don't get home in less than a minute, it is very likely that my absence will be noticed because once nightfalls, the next thing is to take me to the dungeon, where I will stay and await the taming torture.

It is truly disheartening and unfair that I was going through such pain to be tamed when I wasn't a monster that kills people. Maybe I was, actually. After what I did on my birthday, I can't tell who I was, or what I could be capable of doing in the future. I was even afraid of myself, and all the blame goes to the vampire clan that destroyed my mother.

"Except that man who saved us." My wolf muttered under her breath, and I swallowed hard, wondering if he was the only one different or if it could even be that he had evil thoughts.

"Selene, can we leave here now? It is getting darker!" She exclaimed, and with all my strength and speed, I bolted off, jumping over the dead, mangled bodies of those boys that almost raped me. Gosh, their deaths weren't any better. That vampire really tore them apart mercilessly.

I put my hood over my head and ran back without caring for anything else. There were no excuses to give that would save me from a severe punishment if the Alpha realized that I broke his rule, and it would get worse when they found out about the dead bodies of these boys, which show they were killed by a vampire.

Since I was the only one with a vampire gene, I would instantly be the killer.

"Take caution! We are close to where the few guards are. If you keep running like this, we will be noticed!" My wolf warned in fright, but the urge to get back into the packhouse was so strong, and the adrenaline rushing through my veins wouldn't allow me to slow down even a little bit.

"Selene, you are endangering our....." Her voice choked in her throat as we both caught sight of the bodyguards who were guarding the emergency path. We were scared that they would sense our movement and get hold of us, but what we saw was shocking.

Five of them were lying dead on the ground in the pool of their blood, their chests seared open as blood gushed, forming a crimson ground around them.

It gave us a free pass to the backdoor, where we would sneak back in, but I couldn't get that image out of my head. There was only one person who could do that, and that was the vampire I met.

Did he kill those guards for me?

What the hell is going on?

"Selene, he killed them so they wouldn't catch us. He did it!" My wolf shrieked in a mix of happiness and confusion, which was how I felt too. It was really unbelievable, but what we were concerned about was going unnoticed until we got into our room, and, luckily, the moon goddess decided to intervene. No one saw us.

Jaden's POV

"Where had you been, buddy?!" My best friend Jake's voice slipped into my lost world, startling me back to reality.