Chapter 18

I left the room in sadness, feeling the excruciating pain of his sheer rejection shooting through every vein in my heart, hot tears cascading down my cheeks endlessly as it dawned on me that I would be rejected. The horrifying stories about rejected mates that I had read in books were about to be my fate and it was like a dream.

"Why me?" I hissed, my legs weak and feeling like jelly as I paused in my track, replaying scenes of what I saw inside that room.

For real, my supposed fated mate has been found and this is how it all happened and ends. Like a joke.

My neck hurts from the tight grasp of the same man that should be my protector, and each swallow was hard and painful, but what pained me the most was the fact that it was my mate who hurt me.

I hissed in frustration, feeling so angry at the moon goddess for what she just did to me. How could she offer a dickhead to me as a mate?

He won't even think twice before talking about rejecting me, not even caring to know my name or who I am. No love or tenderness and It was as if my scent was irking him.

"I think we are lucky." My wolf spoke out, and my brows creased.

"How? We are going to be rejected like trash." I informed her in case she wasn't aware.

"Isn't that a blessing? Have you forgotten that vampire? Isn't he a better man than that fool we have as mate? More handsome, sexy, caring, lovely, adorable, muscular, and angelic..." She swooned. Her tone was full of joy as I found myself blushing with my face beamed up with smiles.

The face of Jaden appeared on my head, his smooth and soothing voice that embraces me like a warm blanket when he talked to me filled my ears and It was like a breathe of fresh air as I exhaled and grinned. My hand went into my pocket and I felt his bracelet.

"You are very right. We won't want such a whore to be our mate anyways when we have Jaden." I replied my wolf through mindlink in high spirits.

"What are you doing here?" A voice broke in, drifting me back to reality as I flinched and raised my head, only to be faced with a beautiful girl, the same height as me and probably my age mates, but the difference was very clear.

Her skin glows, adorned with a gown of silk and satin, designed with really beautiful embroidery.

She wore sparkling jewelry that spoke of wealth, and her makeup face was really enchanting. She was a real definition of royalty and luxurious life while I stood in front of her like a street beggar, and she made sure I saw how much I was beneath her with her scowls and derisive stare.

The striking resemblance of her face with that of the Luna made it clear that she was the Alpha's daughter, so I stood up straight, drying my eyes while she kept gawping at me.

"Why aren't you among the other maids arranging the hall for the preparation of my party?!" She added, and I was surprised to hear there was going to be a party for their return. I guess it's to introduce them to the pack after staying out almost all their lives.

"I am sorry. I'm leaving now " I managed to say under my breath and forced a smile before turning to leave, but she gripped my hair and pulled me back so roughly that I crashed my back on the wall hard.

I winced and grunted in pain while she quickly took out her napkin and cleaned her palm with a grimace on her face as if she had touched cow dung.

"Don't you dare walk away without answering my question! What is a slave like you doing here, beside my brother's room, crying like a toddler!" She rasped, pride all over her face, as she flipped the astrayed strands of her curly brunette hair off her face dramatically.