Chapter 57

"Your Highness, what answer are we giving him? Should I send him away since you have been silent on his question?" The voice of one of my personal guards echoed in my head, drifting me back from the realm of deep thoughts I never knew I had drowned in.

I didn't hear whatever question was asked of me, nor did I notice there was someone in front of me. I had suddenly gotten lost in deep thought about this wolf woman. Her face had suddenly filled my head like a thick cloud in the sky before a heavy downpour.

I can't really explain or understand why I was suddenly thinking deeply about her, fantasizing about the little moments we spent together, and recalling how pretty her smile was and the warmth her cool, sexy voice sent to my heart.

It was as if I had allowed myself to lose someone so special. It had been many years, and I actually succeeded in putting her in the past as I was a man with no heart to love, but just today, all of a sudden, I had lost all ability to stop thinking about her.

"Why didn't I search seriously for her?"

"Even if she can't have my babies, why didn't I marry her and be with her all the rest of my life?"

"Your Highness, what do you mean? Who are you talking about?" Micah, my personal guard, asked, and it was then that I realized I had uttered this out.

I spun and faced him, seeing his brows furrow in confusion as he peered at me.

"Forget it." I stated in a commanding tone, which made him bow and make a gesture at the man still waiting for my reply to whatever question he asked. 

I faced the man, who, with his scent, was clearly an alpha king. I wondered what question he had asked me, but at that moment, I didn't feel like hearing him out.

"Go back to your seat!" I ordered, and without hesitation, he hurried back and sat down.

"Everyone listen!" My voice echoed and resonated through the entire hall, taking with it a powerful aura. I could feel the ancient powers of different kinds rumbling inside of me and in every word that came out of my mouth.

Since it seemed I had no hope, I had to enjoy the few years left for me, and there was only one way I could think of, and that was by finding that woman my heart was beating for. I melted in her presence.

I wish I knew her name, but with her face carved in my head, I will surely find her. She will spend the rest of her life as my one and only queen until I die, even if she doesn't give me a child. I desire to feel that special way again. I want to feel my heart fluttering and smiles gracing my face just at hearing her voice.

I wonder how she would look now—more beautiful and gorgeous. 

"I have an announcement to make!" I spoke, and everyone nodded in respect.

"The moon ball festival that should come in two months time, I want to inform y'all that it will be adjusted. The great festival will be in a week!" I uttered seriously, and there were looks of surprise and disbelief, which I actually expected because they all knew I wasn't a fan of this festival, even when I was the one that started it.

"And it will be hosted in the werewolf part, and most importantly, female pack hunters of every pack are bound to attend, no single one should be left out! Any female wolf with hunter blood must be present!" I added with a strong and stern voice, emphasizing the female part. 

This was the only way I would be able to find this woman since she is a pack hunter.

"You all are dismissed!" I waved and stepped down, then headed to my room immediately.

"Please be there." I mused, feeling some kind of excitement inside me at the thought of meeting her again after 18 years. I feel like slapping myself for waiting this long before searching for her.