Chapter 24

Different thoughts were running through my mind as I stood there, sinking into the tension building in the room, which I could feel on my skin. I could sense the eyes of everyone on me because not only was I Jaden's best friend, I was also the one they believed could give the answer and explanation to everything the shaman spilled.

"I will be leaving now, and I trust you to deal with this critical issue well so it doesn't escalate into something more complicated." The shaman broke the silence.

"Wait. Can you find out where my son is right now?" The vampire queen asked with fear laced in her tone.

"I am sorry, I can't. You don't have to be afraid; he will be back soon." He replied, and I could hear his receding steps until he was out of the room and the door was closed. 

"What was that?" The vampire king's angry voice fired at me, causing a wave of panic to course down my spine as I flinched and raised my head. I couldn't help gasping in terror as I saw his deadly eyes. It wasn't friendly at all. Whatever hatred he had for the Silver Moon Pack must have been really deep.

It was the same pack that had given him sleepless nights and a lot of stress just to find a way to eradicate them. He would always send us to spy and study every route and possibility. At the moment, he already has the map of the entire route in the silver moon pack.

All this was to make sure he destroyed them all before the end of his life. Jaden and I already know how much he abhorred them compared to the other werewolf packs, so I really don't understand how he allowed himself to get stuck with a girl from there.

"My King, please calm down. I think we have to patiently wait for the prince. He must have had a good explanation of what the shaman said. The prince is never interested in love, so it's very unlikely that he fell for a wolf girl after knowing how vile they are. He knows the enmity we shared with them, so he can't....

"Are you trying to tell me that the shaman is lying?" Logan, the vampire king, thundered. His name alone had been a terror to many wolves in the past.

After suffering from slavery at the hands of some werewolves at an early stage, he made a vow to fight against them till they were wiped out.

I don't know much about what he must have gone through, but all I know is that he would rather die than see his son have any relationship with werewolves.

"I don't think he is lying, but the prince must surely have a good explanation." The elder responded under his breath with a bow, as he feared he might have offended the king. 

"What explanation do you think he would give?" Logan growled, stepping down from his throne and stalking over to him, his red eyes peering intently at him as he awaited an answer.

The elder saw red. He saw he had spoken at the very wrong time and had surely endangered his life, so he fell to his knees, head to the ground.

"I am very sorry, king. Please pardon.. I was stupid for..."

"I asked you a question, and I'm standing here waiting for the answer!" The king bellowed balefully.

"I...I...I..." 

His voice was gone. He couldn't talk again and kept stuttering while everyone went mute, glad they weren't the ones in his situation.

The queen walked over and held his hand gently.

"He is right. Jaden is our son, and we need to hear from him too." She spoke softly, her voice serving as a warmth to his anger as he exhaled and nodded, letting out a flash of smile at her before turning to face me, his long white hair flipping over as his fists clenched tight.