Chapter 29

"Who are you to question me?" Callen flared, straightened up, and wore back his shorts and trousers before turning sharply, thinking it was one of the bodyguards, but as soon as he saw the unfamiliar, tall, imposing figure with a cold stare standing at the door, he stopped in his tracks, frozen in fear.

Jaden's eyes moved from him and over to me, and as soon as our eyes met, I noticed the glint of rage in his eyes as he scanned my whole body.

"Who are you?" Callen snapped, pulling out of his shock state as he folded his long sleeve in readiness for a fight that looked like a suicide. He was no match for Jaden.

Jaden's eyes narrowed perilously at him.

"Are you the supposed Alpha prince because your scent is that of a future Alpha?" he scoffed. "It seemed to be a huge disappointment and mistake. Let me get this straight. Were you trying to rape her?" He added in a raspy tone, his voice low and dripping with menance.

"Who the hell are you?" Callen's voice was already cracking out of panic, as he had also sensed the dangerous aura around Jaden, including how powerful his voice sounded. It was one that could make anyone tremble.

"If I tell you who I am, then I will have to kill you. Are you still interested in knowing who I am?" Jaden hissed, pure anger evident in his voice, and I saw how Callen began to shake nervously.

"I don't want to know who you are. Just let me go!" His voice sounding like a frightened baby as he stammered in fear.

"As a man, you don't rape women. That's shitty. Well, I am here to find what I lost, so you can fuck off; I don't care!" Jaden hissed in disgust, and Callen spared no second to seize the opportunity and scamper off.

I quickly began to dress up while Jaden still stood there at the door side, peering at me with his hands folded over his chest.

"Be fast and come show me where exactly my bracelet is. I can't believe I traced it to be inside this room. You again. How did you get your hands on it? Why did you steal it from me?" He seethed, his voice firm and really unfriendly. 

He was the same Jaden in appearance, but he seemed to have changed a lot. His voice was more malevolent and didn't seem calm toward me. At first, I thought he was here to save me and was really ecstatic when I saw him, but now it was becoming clear that he came here for his bracelet, and I was only fortunate.

"Jaden, thank you for saving me." I ignored my doubt and thanked him in high-spirits, but as I tried to hug him, he yanked me off him.

"Don't touch me, and go get my bracelet. I am leaving here immediately. It's surprising how I can't find the exact place it is!" He scoffed and walked out of the bathroom. 

I followed him.

"What bracelet are you talking about?" I feigned ignorance, and he sneered at me.

"I'm not here for jokes or chitchat, and for your information, I didn't save you. If that guy insisted on raping you in my presence, I wouldn't stop him, so if you think I care about you, then you are mistaken. Maybe I did before, but now you are like a stranger to me, and if you try nonsense with me, I would be among those to hurt you without pity!" He warned coldly, those eyes of his avoiding contact with mine.

"Are you sure?" I asked, and his brows furrowed. He stared at my face but wouldn't look into my eyes, as if he were scared of something. 

"What do you mean?" He scoffed. "Just get my bracelet; let me leave here. I hate being with you."

"Your mate deserved that bracelet more," I beamed, and his eyes lit as he flinched and gazed into my eyes for the first time. His eyes seemed to melt like ice.

"You say what?" His voice was barely audible, rolling like air as he stepped closer to me.

"You heard me. If you doubt, you know how to check." I smiled, positioning the side of my neck for him.

A way the vampire recognizes their fated mate when unsure, even after the attraction, is by tasting their blood. They would sense an irresistible, unique, and alluring quality in her blood.

I was so sure he was mine. I could feel it deep inside me already.

"Why are you so sure I am your mate. It can never happen. We both know that, and it's time we understood we should be enemies!" His voice was suddenly calm and gentle as he scanned my face, noticing the bump and seeing as it started to bleed again even after I had wiped it earlier.

"Who did that to you? Was it that guy?" He asked, pointing at my face, and in every word he spoke, I could sense the venom in his voice and how lethal his eyes were, especially when he asked "Was it that guy?".

"Yes. He almost raped me. He was about to force me to give him a blowjob when you barged in. It was horrifying, and I couldn't imagine how traumatized I would be after this. Thank you so much for being there for me again. Once again, you have saved me. This is the third time. But I was shocked when you said you didn't care and wouldn't stop him if he insisted. Were you serious?." I purred, tears cascading down my face.

I feared his love for me might have faded, which would definitely shatter me to pieces. How would everyone turn their back on me, including him?

"Do you have a first aid box here?" I can take care of the wound for now." He breathed while helping me sit on the bed.

"Aren't you afraid Callen would come back here with the Alpha or bodyguards to capture you? I don't think it's safe for you to linger in here." I whispered in warning, but he made no reaction to that except a grit of teeth.

"Isn't there a first aid box?" He asked again.

"About what I said? I need an answer," I insisted, and he chuckled dryly, a wicked glint flashing through his eyes.

"I am waiting for that Callen of a guy to return. I have plans for him." He seethed, cleaning the blood with his shirt and caressing the bump gently while blowing air on it. 

He was so cute while doing that, and I couldn't help blushing really hard.

"I thought you didn't care?" I giggled.

"Who says I do?" Stop that fantasy of thinking I would fall in love with you. You should be concerned about what my secret intention might be. It is stupidity to trust a vampire, especially me." He stated, curtly.

"Why don't you check if I'm your mate or not?" Sink your fangs into my neck, love." I crooned, rubbing my hand on his muscular chest down to his six packs through his shirt.

"Love?"

He pulled back quickly, as if my hand were an electric current.

"You felt it?" I winked, and he looked away immediately.

"Should I remind you that you're a werwolf and once I dip my fang inside that neck, I will suck out your lifeblood and in the next minute you are cold dead?" He sneered in warning, as if he were afraid to hurt me.

"Are you now afraid I will die? I thought you didn't care." I teased and chuckled while he placed his hand on his chest, the part I touched, with a quizzical look on his face.