Chapter 5: Getting Good

I appeared back inside the dungeon. But the moment my feet met the cracked pavement I did not give myself even a moment of reprieve. I was here on a mission.

The tutorial ends in one day. I have a single day before I have to meet the devils. I need to get stronger by then.

____________________________________________

[New Quest: The Art of Throwing Hands.]

Having a weapon may be good and all but there is just one truth. Everyone is born with a weapon in their hands. It's time to hone yours. Because the only weapon you will always have is your hands.

Condition: Defeat 50 enemies in hand-to-hand combat.

Reward: Taijutsu(Novice), +5 Str

____________________________________________

[New Quest: Now THIS is a knoife.]

You ave a good knoife in ya hands.

Too bad ya don't kno how ta use it.

Thankfully, there are plenty of volunteers around you that are willing to get Knoifed.

Learn which end of the sharp stick you are supposed to stick to your enemy.

Reward: Kenjutsu(Novice), +5 Agi

____________________________________________

Great, this game really knows how to spoil its player. Whelp, this may delay my clearing of this dungeon but it will be well worth the rewards.

I activated my Cursed Energy as I coated my whole body with it. Creating a cloak of cursed energy around myself. I couldn't maintain it for long but that's why I have CE regeneration.

____________________________________________

[You have acquired the skill: Cursed Energy Enhancement]

Cost: 10CE/s

You can use cursed energy to cover your entire body. Reinforcing your entire body and boosting all physical stats.

Adds (Int + Wis)/ 20 to all physical stats

____________________________________________

That was a little bad as a starting point but I could work with it. I sent my Tozama back into my inventory and started dashing like a madman toward the first zombie I found.

It tried lunging at me but I sidestepped it and elbowed the back of its head. Nearly popping it like a balloon. The inherent destructive capacity of Cursed Energy alongside enhancement makes these zombies feel like they are paper mache. It only added around 5 to my physical stats but that was a big difference at this stage.

I dashed to the nearest zombie once again. And once again defeated them with one punch. Knowing that the paltry exp that the zombies gave me wouldn't really be enough to level up at the pace I wanted I dashed back to the boss arena.

Any enemies I saw I either broke the spine of or dashed past. Eventually, I came across the big guy himself once again. But with me tripling his agility I quickly outmaneuvered behind and kicked the back of his neck full force. And with cursed energy behind that kick, it killed him just like that with the critical hit.