Chapter 68: Rating Game

As Rias lay on his lap Akira was doing something else, well something other than being a horny psychopath at least. Leaning back onto the soft couch he cast both View Air and View Earth. Although they both were basic level they should still work.

Once both were activated Akira had a crude map of the entire rating game dimension in his mind. This included rough positions of everyone inside, thanks to his cursed eyes the view got clearer and he took a look at the current situation.

Normally, Rias should have detected the casting of his spell from the proximity but she did not. Due to his Magic Resistant Physique, it was rather difficult to measure his magical energy and detect his spellcasting without at least equal or higher Int.

Focusing on his spell he saw Koneko and Kiba setting up some basic magic traps around the clubhouse, they did not have the leisure to attack upfront with their numbers. While above them Akeno got to work on casting illusions around the base and obscuring the traps. If anyone got caught by the trap while they were away Rias could easily finish them off.

On the other hand Riser's peerage did not really have a plan just like the original anime. He simply spread his pieces out to cover the entrances to the main building. One rook and 3 Pawns guarded the gym 3 pawns were in the forest as an ambush. The rest of the peerage were on school grounds while Yubelluna was in the main building.

It's a decent strategy if not a bit unneeded. If he were in Riser's shoes he would have brute-forced it, there was no need to dance around win when you outnumbered them 4 to 1. You can simply focus everyone on taking Akeno out as the biggest threat before defeating the rest of the peerage. It wasn't like Riser's rooks and knights were actually weaker than Rias' ones.

But on the other hand, Akira knew what Riser wanted to do here. Although waiting like this gave Rias a chance at guerilla warfare Riser did not care. Riser's goal wasn't winning, that was an inevitability from his perspective.

No, his goal was to absolutely crush any hope Rias had.

By giving her all the chance to fight back and giving her hope before crushing her completely here he would have completely crushed Rias' hopes and resistance while also teaching her a lesson by showing what happens when she disobeys him.

Also, his plan also had the side effect of scoping out Akira's strength. He did not know how strong Akira was so he planned to draw him out to see his capabilities instead of charging in and losing peerage members for nothing.

Akira's eyes narrowed in thought, Riser was not hard to predict, it was easier to predict someone of average intellect than an invalid. His arrogance and cockyness as well as his seemingly absolute advantage over them he was assured of his victory so it made sense that his goal was instead to utterly crush them.

Being thought of like that really pissed off Akira. His pride really disliked being looked down upon like this.

Briefly, he entertained the thought of just releasing Alpha to demolish Riser's peerage. And then revel in the sight of his shocked expression. But he decided against it. Rias' peerage needed this lesson, being pushed to your limits always helped in making you grow.