Chapter 87: Looming Threat

---<[PoV Serafall Leviathan]>---

She may have messed up a little.

She looked at Akira in front of her who looked just about to release a nasty combination of spells at her. And she already knew how bad those could get when she got hit with a fist full of curses and a hail of spells when she tried to teleport here.

Nothing that really got past her defences that she deployed the moment she noticed but it did mess up her living room a little. The curses were a bit more annoying.

Serafall was a smart devil yes, you can't really afford to be dumb when you are in charge of the foreign relations of an entire race.

Does she think everything through always? Definitely not.

Smart? Yes. "Slightly" impulsive? Yes.

She was too used to messing with her little sister, and so she viewed this as Akira just playfully messing around, her sister also set up traps for her at her manor. She wanted to surprise him like the first time they met so she may have acted a bit impulsively by barging in.

In hindsight, trying to teleport into a magician's base and then suddenly breaching their barrier to burst through their front door might not have been one of the brightest ideas she had.

...Especially when she was supposed to make a good impression with said mage who was at the moment basically a walking Political Nuclear Bomb waiting to burst. Azazel made no attempts to hide his flaunting of having access to potions the other factions didn't.

He was a Necromancer, a very rare variant of magicians that are basically extinct. An alchemist capable of creating powerful potions, unlike most alchemists who can only create either potions that are basically useless to most Devils or potions that are too expensive for regular use. An extremely capable combatant that as a human was strong enough to utterly destroy Riser, a Phenex without any assistance from his undead.

Even with the insurmountable power difference, she would still have problems with handling him. Who knew how many secrets were hidden in his sleeves?

She couldn't help but wonder just how strong he would be if he were to be reincarnated as a devil with the Queen Piece. Maybe he would even reach the gates of ultimate rank.

Thankfully she had made a good first impression with him that one time. He even seemed to appreciate Magical Girls like her which was a plus.

...But looking at his pissed-off expression as she sat in front of him, something told her that all of that goodwill had gone down the drain the moment she had invaded his house.

Oops.

"Tell me, is being unable to respect someone's privacy a genetic trait of all devils or something?" She could see his indignation even through the blindfold(why does he even wear one) making her sweat a little. She had come here for official business even wearing her formal dark green blouse and dark skirt.