Chapter 38: Wiz

*BAM!* "Cough!"

As my back was slammed against try barrier I violently coughed blood. Even with my newly perfected cursed enhancement that blow was a bit too much for me.

Speaking of, I had finally managed to max Cursed Energy enhancement and I see the true difference between a level 99 and 100 skill.

____________________________________________

[Cursed Energy Enhancement (Mastered)]

Cost: 50CE/s

You can use cursed energy to cover your entire body. Reinforcing your entire body and boosting all physical stats. Increasing the power behind your physical blows and enhancing your physical and magical defences.

Adds (Int + Wis)/ 10 to all physical stats(85)

____________________________________________

I could handle it for a minute or two which was great, the skill cost had halved when I mastered it without dropping any of the capacity. Hell, as long as I am under sunlight I can maintain level 40 indefinitely.

As soon as I lost the bout Alpha stopped attacking and bowed his head shamefully as if he did something wrong.

"Don't be so down big guy, I asked you to do this." Sometimes very rarely the loyalty of Alpha can cause some minute problems but I dont mind them.

It had been a few days since I started sparring with Alpha, most of my skills had levelled up a decent bit including curtain since I have to keep one during sparring. But even then I still haven't accomplished it.

No matter how much I have tried I still have not landed a single black flash. I have tried for several hours straight for several days yet I have not even come close. The closest I have come to is like 0.00001 of a second at best.

My inability to succeed at life aside I have reached level 50 of create undead and now it has gained the ability to break the level caps of undead. So I can have level 100 skeletons now which was nice. I can also forcefully evolve undead if they meet some unknown condition.

Other than that I used the remainder of the corpses in my inventory and the corpses I liberated from the backyard of the church to create myself 20 Skeleton demons, 5 Rangers, 5 wights, and 5 thieves.

The only people I have interacted with within this timeframe were Mittelt and Kalawarner as well as Aika who I blew the back out of once again to relieve frustration. Why was I so nervous? Well, I was planning to go on an expedition in a new dungeon I had just unlocked. And for that, I was planning on finally using the companion card I had.

That's right, I was going to summon Wiz.

If I can bind her to my cursed technique using a binding vow then the power of my army will skyrocket. And with her, my grinding speed will be increased exponentially, she can also teach me the spells she knows as well.

I know for sure that Wiz should be currently stronger than me. After all, unlike her personality, her combat prowess was nothing to scoff at as one of the generals of the demon king. But I am certain that with enough preparations and Alpha by my side, I can kill her if she refuses to cooperate.

For that, I took Alpha with me to the basement and started preparations which took an entire day. But it is always better to be safe than sorry. After all, if I overprepare I just lose some time, if I am underprepared I just lose my life.

I had isolated a corner of the basement that I reinforced with around 20 cursed reinforcement talismans. In that corner, I had a curtain set up with the options of: Cursed Energy reinforcement to reinforce it making an actual physical barrier, cursed reservoir to increase the CE it can hold to use the enchantments, and lastly sturdy to make it even harder.