Chapter 29: Gearing Up

I have an ungodly amount of Draugr bone, zombie flesh, and everything in between in my inventory and that was after converting a lot of flesh into decay potions. On another note, this basement was very, very good. Spacious, clean, isolated. The floor was reinforced concrete with some kind of magical oak plank covering while the walls were dark oak.

I opened my ritual book and started reading through and after refreshing my memory I drew the undead construction circle on the floor with my blood. And next to that, I drew the undead enhancement circle.

With the undead construction circle, I could create undead golems but with the class knowledge that I receive by leveling, I had an idea. By adding a cursed corpse core in the middle I could create cursed corpses with this.

I don't really remember what advantage cursed corpses had but they were more like golems than undead if I didn't suddenly develop dementia. They also have more intelligence than most undead. I am also certain that they can develop sentience like how that one guy made them.

But I dont really need them.

Plus with this ritual, I can avoid the template restrictions of create undead and create an undead that looks and functions however I want as long as it is within the limits of the undead construction circle.

For example, my create undead does not have anything like a corpse giant(yet). But with the undead construction circle, I can create the corpse of a corpse giant and use the extension technique raise undead to animate it.

Now that I think about it can I create my own extension techniques? After these extension techniques mean they are originally capable of being accomplished by the original technique. But leveling it up first should make it easier to develop extension techniques.

Dumping 6 draugr bone into the circle I activated it and by imbuing it with 1000CE the circle processed the bones and in the middle emerged an entire inanimate skeleton with the level of 30. Using that skeleton as a base I raised a Skeleton Ranger.

I saw firsthand how useful they were, especially against a flying opponent. If I had a higher number of them following us behind at a distance I could've obliterated the Raygang at a distance. Plus having some of these guys patrolling the halls should instill some obedience in them.

Speaking of: I still haven't looked at the obedience tutorial, have I?

Tutorial Obedience: Sometimes you need a rougher hand in dealing with people. Obedience measures how willing someone is to obey you and not go against your orders. Low affection can lead to obedience declining while on the other hand, high obedience can lead to affection rising.

Alright, that was good, Obedience is basically how submissive and breedable they are then, good to know. I used 24 more Draugr bones to create 4 more undead rangers. It's a shame these guys dont really have stealth capabilities or else I could use them much more effectively.

Wait a second. I think there was a spell in the grimoire about this right? I retrieved my grimoire and flipped through the pages until I reached the end page which had a single spell.

_____________________________
[ Dark Gift - Cost: 1 High-Grade soul, 10 Medium Grade souls, 100 Low-Grade souls]

Dark Gift, the fruit of my labor and the culmination of my research in necromancy. It is the key to evolving undead beyond their simple form.

By performing Dark Gift on a bound undead the Necromancer, using the connection between them can bestow upon their undead one of their own aspects, even give the undead the ability to perform one of your spells. You can give a skeleton titan the ability to breathe flame. A skeleton mage the ability to heal.