Chapter 72: The Crimson Princess.

"Checkmate."

I looked down on the shivering Phenex whose face was smushed up against the dirt beneath my feet. By the end of round 3, he could barely bring himself to throw out punches.

The words were still in my head after all.

'I will cripple you beyond recovery.'

With how bad the beatdown I gave him was I doubt that he ever will be able to attend a Rating Game ever again. After all, just getting beat by Issei was enough to traumatize him. Me on the other hand...

I went out of my way to traumatize him.

If you can't physically cripple a Phenex then you can it mentally. At first, I was planning to stop at the 2nd round but I decided on the 3rd round after all of the shit he talked. And I also wanted to see if I could land another black flash on that smug motherfucker.

Unfortunately, I couldn't but after landing one I felt basically the way I handled my cursed energy get overhauled and I need to explore that soon.

For example, before I was a colourblind artist drawing without even knowing what the colours meant and now I was a not colourblind artist who actually saw the colours he drew with.

I can't come up with any better explanation because my head is hurt from using so much cursed energy. But it was instantly relieved when I heard Grayfia declare my V i c t o r y.

Oh, it felt so so sweet. The taste of overwhelming, indisputable victory.

The Phenex family might be displeased with me folding Riser like a blanket and breaking their marriage but so what?

They want to start shit? They can. Let them try. They aren't the ones with the rapidly expanding army of undead. I got Azazel behind me, a potion business in the making and am soon gonna be a big hit in the potion industry.

Let's see how long it takes for them to put a hit on my head.

But after my victory was declared I noticed something in the corner of my vision.

Rias was straight up sprinting toward me, with happiness that I could only describe as infectious. There were tears in the corner of her that dropped out uncontrollably as she wore a beautiful smile. Honestly, even my heart nearly skipped a beat at the sight.

"Akira!"

She straight up jumped toward me and caught me so off guard that I barely caught her in my arms. The moment she was in my arms however she grasped the collar of my shirt with strength I didn't know she even had before locking her lips onto mine.

She kissed me with such ferocity that she was basically molesting my poor mouth. I have never had a kiss so intense that I was barely able to keep up with such intense passion.