Chapter 53: Devilish x Deal

Rias and her peerage sat on the couch opposite of Akira after briefly greeting Grayfia, of course, they all knew her. It wasn't like it was uncommon to encounter her when she was an unofficial servant of the Gremory clan.

For some reason there was a thick air of tension between them, for Rias at least, Akira was just kind of confused about why she was so tense. But he decided to not waste brain cells on something so minor.

'Why did he decide to join now? Is it really fine?' Such thoughts were racing across the redhead's head before she finally vocalized her thoughts to the handsome young man in front of her.

"U-um Akira-kun? Is what Grayfia said to me really true?" Hearing her words Akira simply raised an eyebrow. She had doubted her intelligence before, and it seemed like that was for good reason.

"Considering Grayfia is behind me, your peerage is in my house after Alpha let you in and I am not the least bit surprised I cannot imagine it being true." Hearing it like that truly did make Rias feel a bit stupid.

"Why?" She couldn't help but ask. It may have been stupid to question the help she desperately needed but she was far too curious. By all means, he should not want to associate with her knowing everything she was dealing with at the moment.

"Well, isn't it obvious? What kind of friend would I be if I ignored your plight? Besides, did you really think I would let you get snatched up by cooked chicken?" He lied as naturally as he breathed.

Rias and her peerage were too moved to see the stare of utter exasperation Grayfia gave to Akira.

[+10 Affection with Rias Gremory]

[+15 Affection with Akeno Himejima]

[+10 Affection with Koneko Toujou]

[+10 Affection with Kiba]

Of course, just as Rias was about to say something Akira stopped her by raising his hand.

"Of course, I want something in exchange. While I may do this because we are friends I also do not want to lose my humanity for nothing, I am sure you understand." To that Rias nodded, she was ready to pay top dollar to get him into her peerage already, having him join without any benefits would not be any better than scamming him after he already made his stance clear and the deals Sona would give him.

Akira simply held up 5 fingers.

"I want 5 unconditional favours from you that I can call on whenever I want for anything I want. I also want to keep my complete autonomy. I will participate in mandatory events as a peerage member but I will not be made to do anything outside of that." His tone left no room for discussion.

Rias could agree to those conditions. As long as it got rid of Riser almost anything was fine for her. It's not like Akira would take advantage of those favours. And she wouldn't force a member of her peerage to do anything they didn't want to.

"I accept as long as the favours do not directly endanger my peerage members." To that, Akira nodded and motioned over, and from behind one of the walls emerged one of the fallen Akira defeated in... maid clothing?