Chapter 49: Triumph

Akira chased after Toji, parkouring and jumping off the walls to try and reach him as fast as possible as he abandoned RCT to reactivate Dash.

Seeing Toji already recovered and standing up from a small crater on the ground Akira clicked his tongue.

'That magic resistance and endurance combo is too cheaty, he barely took any damage from a corpse explosion to the face.'

Akira grimaced further the more he analysed the current situation.

'Magic and techniques won't work. With how much resistance he has they are just simply not worth the cost of using them.'

'Then.'

'I just have to do this old school style.'

Akira rapidly pulled out his last potion from his inventory, a mana potion. He already had mana and health regeneration intermediate applied to him from potions. He also had novice stamina regeneration but it wasn't worth a mention.

Akira landed beside Toji and rapidly activated his cursed techniques using thought acceleration. The drain was large but without Thought Acceleration by the time he took to activate the techniques he would be passionately making out with the pavement thanks to Toji.

'[Cursed Energy Reinforcement], [Dash], [Iron Fist]!'

Feeling the power surge through his body Akira found it hard to temper his excitement as he lashed out with a quick straight at Toji who blocked it with his forearms but for a single millisecond, his grin turned to a grimace.

'I actually felt that one. This could be bad.'

For Toji, losing his edge on the physical might competition was not ideal. Especially against an opponent who could fully regenerate on a whim.

Toji threw a kick but Akira moved out of the way before backhanding Toji and stomping on his foot before kneeing him in the stomach. But Toji took the opportunity to kick Akira in the liver and slugging him in the face launching him into a building.

For the first time throughout this whole fight, Toji felt it. A feeling he rarely felt these days against third-rate sorcerers. Yet a feeling he was familiar with.

Danger.

This little brat, half his age that hadn't even finished high school. One who's abilities hadn't even matured yet.

No, it would be more appropriate to say they matured now.

That same brat was actually making Toji feel trepidation. Something sorcerers thrice his age couldn't do.

'Should I run away?'

It wouldn't be cowardly. He had already lost almost all of his cursed tools. He was getting tired, small burns of flame and frostbite as well as small lacerations and bruises littered his body.