Chapter 48: Encore!

Ah, I'm dead.

A g a i n.

So this is the end? A pathetic end that befits me.

Why did I challenge Toji so recklessly?

Did I get too hot-headed? Why did I deserve to be forced into that situation?

Why did I get so angry?

Did I come to this fight just to prove myself?

Prove what? How weak and insignificant I am?

Haha.

How half-assed.

Everything you do is half-assed. You say you are going to put in the effort but you don't. You take one life like a hypocrite yet spare the other.

Why did you kill Issei but spare Saji?

Because I wanted the Boosted Gear and had no other choice?

No, you had other choices. You have a system in your hands giving you seemingly boundless potential and then you take Issei's life because you wanted more power? Why did you spare Saji then, grew a conscience?

You are simply a coward. A coward who just runs away and does nothing else. No, you are worse than that.

You are a Hypocrite.

Always, you keep preaching that "might is right" yet you keep making excuses. Was killing Issei wrong? Maybe. But why should you care?

You keep restraining and limiting yourself. You are only bound by imaginary chains you made yourself.

That's weak.

Assigning morality and reason to strength is for the weak.

I failed. I was weak, I was half-assed, I lacked conviction like a small child given a toy. Once a malformed bastard always a malformed bastard.

Haha, I wonder what higher entity decided to give some unworthy piece of garbage this system?

What did they expect from me I wonder? Did they expect me to be more resilient? Able to handle a simple insult and not throw myself to death?

Did they expect me to be a ruthless warlord uncaring about all except for strength?

Did they expect me to be a mastermind pulling a thousand strings behind the scenes and playing all sides?