Chapter 90: Ryōiki Tenkai

10 meters.

That's the distance I have to keep with Mahito.

Further than that I can't reach him before he expands his domain.

Closer than that I risk getting one-shot.

I leaned back to avoid a wave of transfigured humans he threw at me that grew to the size of trucks. Ducking under the transfigured humans I came face to face with Mahito's rapidly moving blade arm. Weaving between them I released a wave of despair aura to Mahito as he flinced, despair aura deals necrotic damage which should also damage his soul.

"This is annoying. You are a natural counter to me just like Itadori. Right!?" Trying to me off guard he suddenly exclaimed at the end of his sentence as the bladed whips exploded with spikes, several of them managing to pierce me due to my low endurance. I grimaced.

"I could say the same to you. Though only the first part, you fucking perst." I raised my hand gathering necrotic energy in my palm that formed into the shape of a spear and launched it toward Mahito but he simply shrunk down and ran under it toward me as I backpedaled.

What a fucking pest. If I wasn't so overworked I could bind him and blast him with enough necrotic energy to reduce him to ash. If spirits could be reduced to ash that is.

Of course, I have my CE back to 80% but squeezing so much CE in such a small amount of time has really strained my technique. So I am stalling him until I can recover my technique as I am applying RCE.

[ Alpha has been slain ]

Fuck.

*BOOOOM!!!*

Before I could react a torrent of flame washed over me. Charring my skin, I could almost feel my eyeballs melting out of my skull. And I am more resistant to fire than other elements and even drank a potion beforehand. As the flames subsided I regenerated with RCE and glared at the offender. Magma fucker actually beat Alpha. Goddammit!

"You're late Jogo. How hard could it have been to take care of one undead?" Mahito asked teasingly as Jogo flared.

"Shut it Mahito! That bastard was almost too tenacious. I almost lost my head." At that, I felt something, a fluctuation in the cursed energy in the surroundings. Almost like a new presence had emerged.

[ Hanami has been slain! ]

My gaze snapped over to Wiz on the subway floor below us she looked exhausted and I immediately made the decision to withdraw her a literal moment before a razor-sharp torrent of water swept through where she was.

Great, Dagon evolved.

What next, is satan going to pop out of the woodworks?

I summoned Ddraig back.

"Stall volcano head while I deal with these bastards." Ddraig nodded and charged the enraged Jogo, dragging him away from me so that I would not get involved in the crossfire.