Chapter 57: Necropolis

After my spar or should I say me demolishing Akeno I made up my mind on her training. It was actually quite a simple method that did not involve my direct interference.

I created 20 Skeleton Thieves at level 100, they would last long enough. Her training was to defeat all of them before 7 hours passed. The thieves would not hurt her they have only wooden knives, after all, they would also try to hide and even fake death too.

The purpose of this training was to teach her to deal with trickier opponents and innovate more with her spells, because with her current spells, there was basically no chance of her hitting the thieves unless they threw the battle.

That should keep her occupied, Kiba and Koneko were sparring, lastly, Rias was training her power of destruction.

I supposed it's time for my own training.

Walking into the woods I set up a chameleon curtain before using Instant Dungeon.

And choosing Necropolis finally.

...

The moment my feet had touched down on the grimy, grey dirt ground of the Necropolis I summoned my entire army without hesitation as dozens of Skeleton Demons, Death Knights and several Archers lined up behind me with Fido, Alpha and Wiz by my side.

I have already experienced the dungeons fucking me in the asshole with all of their might before. And in a place like the Necropolis where just about any hero can fling a magic arrow capable of killing at least a dozen people minimum I need to be prepared.

Black smog covered the sky, the air itself was oppressive, skeletons poked out of the creepy dead dirt ground. Tombstones stretched to the horizon. I could see buildings that had rotted down to mere ruins.

And the cursed energy in the atmosphere was so... dense. Like several times denser than Kuoh. Due to just how much cursed energy was here even though my Photosynthesis is turned off due to the smog my CE regen is still high.

In fact, I think maybe I can figure out a way to absorb ambient cursed energy faster. If I could do it, it would greatly increase my CE regen.

Anyway, I focused on my cursed energy sense, since there weren't any giant landmarks in the distance due to the smog obstructing our vision even with his cursed eyes he could only see as well as the average person.

I do not want to bump into a creature dwelling or a creature bank, as those places seem like they would have the most concentration of enemies. And I do not want to face a horde of tier 4 enemies anytime soon.

When suddenly a great idea came to my head.

I had a feeling that now I could probably use necromancy on dungeon dwellers since they are capable of dropping souls, maybe my game updated them to do so. So I had my undead dig up several intact skeletons before using Create undead to create several skeleton thieves to scout ahead for me.