Chapter 20: Consolidation

I woke up feeling like I was hit over the head by a hammer. And then promptly remembered why. I got my shit pushed by 4 fallen, barely managing to escape with my life. And fell asleep on my bed without changing.

I got up from my now yucky bed and got into the shower. After sleeping while caked in the blood of over several dozen people a warm shower felt divine.

Looking over the clothes I wore to my date I decided that it would be easier to just burn them rather than to try and wash those. After changing into a loose black shirt and some tan pants as well as my signature sunglasses I threw them in the trash bin.

After I was feeling ever so slightly alive again from inhaling 3 pancakes I reminisced about yesterday.

It was close. Too close. I was an inch away from death yesterday. Why was that?

After all, they were Raynare and her Goons. They are fodder. Bottom of the barrel. Even Issei, without training a day in his life with a figure barely better than a stickman was able to punch out Raynare.

Yet I nearly died.

Why?

Am I weak? Objectively looking at it I shouldn't be. I was higher level than them. But those racial advantages. So frustrating. But I can't also blame it all on Race.

It would be easy to just blame this all on a factor out of my control. But what could I have done to avoid that problem?

As it stands right now. The supernatural races outclass me. Heavily. The only thing I have over them is my ridiculous regeneration rates. How do I close that gap?

Then what I was neglecting hit me.

My skills.

I am like an empty tower. I have been focused on building up as tall as possible as fast as possible that I forgot to put any substance.

Fucking hell I haven't even used half of my skills even once. No wonder I barely made it out of the Raynare fight.

Alright, that's it. I need to consolidate my power. I need to level up my skills and I need to figure out how to use them effectively. If I keep leveling up without putting any effort into my skills I will end up as an empty shell without substance. I will have stats but I won't be able to use them.

But first off I should claim my quest.

sat down on my singular clean couch and looked over the things I had gotten yesterday.

_____________________________

[Quest: Dangerous x Date](Complete)

You have got quite the dangerous date on your hands. Now that the Fallen Angel Raynare got her eyes on you, it is up to you to survive this dangerous date.

Objective: Defeat Raynere

Optional Objective: Defeat Mittelt, Kalawarner, and Dohnaseek

Rewards:

15 Free Stat Points, Dark lance, 1x Gacha Token

Optional reward:

10 Free Stat Points, Random skill, 2x Gacha Token

_____________________________

[ Dark Lance Lv. 1/100 ]

Cost: 200CE

Create a lance of darkness in your hands and launch it at your enemy. Dealing (Int x 1.5) piercing and darkness damage to your enemy.