Chapter 32: Survival

Absolute cold dread filled my heart.

I have less HP and physical stats than a skeleton soldier. Hanami was able to pulverize them easily. My CE is not topped off either. On top of that it at least has 10 times my CE capacity, maybe even a 100 times.

My brain ran like an overclocked processor.

Run away? ID Escape is blocked. The moment the undead soldier was thrown at me the fight had started.

Use Undead Minions? It obliterated them without effort. They were less than fodder to him. In fact, they are less than nothing.

I remember, his skin is so tough that lower-ranked cursed tools just can't wound it in the first place even if someone far stronger than me wielded it. Its skin is tougher than steel. It is as intelligent as a human and is capable of tactics and improvisation. And it is dead set on killing me.

Head on fight? Laughable.

What are my chances against him? My head ran through what I knew about him at the speed of lightning. Physically, it would rip me to shreds, it is ridiculously fast too, but speed isn't its forte. In terms of technique, he lacks variety but not versatility, he definitely has the cursed energy to outlast me a hundred times over.

Dread.

I don't outclass it in any category. No, it's not that I don't outclass it. I can't even match up to it. IT outclasses ME.

Dread.

This was impossible.

Dread.

But I don't have a choice.

To quickly get my CE reserves back to full I brought out a mana potion as fast as I could and-

*Flick!*

All I saw was his figure blurring before he invaded within a singular meter of me and with a simple and quick flick of his wrist shattered my potion. My eyes widened and I activated cursed energy enhancement just before that hand formed into a fist and struck me casually just as I managed to raise my arms in a cross shape.

HEAVY

That punch made me feel like I got hit by a freight train as my arms shattered from the impact and I was sent flying, crashing into a tree and literally ripping it apart on contact. My arms and back burnt. They burnt so much.

'My arms... are still here?'

I couldn't even feel the adrenaline in my body. Between fight or flight, my body had chosen freeze. I could see flying bundles of roots hovering close by. Instead of performing its best to survive my body had simply given up on living.

GET UP

Forcing my body to obey I got up and jumped to the side just in time to avoid the bundles of roots shooting out a sharp tendril that skewered where I stood prior like it was made of cardboard.

The bundles shot out another tendril that I tried to dodge but I got nicked by it in my waist, nearly gouging out my side. My sixth sense pricked and I jumped away just in time to avoid a mass of roots emerging from where I stood prior.

But before I could even celebrate he had arrived in front of me once more with me unable to see him in time due to dodging. His fist was cocked back, no doubt when that fist meets my face my head will burst like a rotten grape and I will perish.

My eyes landed on that, his pitch-black fingers formed a fist that would take my life. A sure ticket to the afterlife.

Black.