Chapter 39: A day in the Gojo household.

Thankfully Wiz was rather agreeable and I got her into a binding vow with me so now she counts as an extension of my Create Undead. And due to the fact that she is completely sentient and is not an undead I myself created she is not included in the maintenance costs.

An annoying hurdle would be teaching Wiz about modern culture so instead of doing that myself, I gave that important duty to Mittelt, since she is someone who has both experienced the ancient and modern ages she would be a good teacher for her.

Until then learning from Wiz isn't an urgent task and the Necropolis is not running away. So for now I was just having a relaxing breakfast with Asia. Currently, I dont know what the fuck Raynare was doing and Kala something was off trimming the bushes.

So, for now, I had some time to myself to think about my abilities. Or more specifically my cursed technique and extension techniques.

I sat on a couch as I contemplated.

Shadow swap. That is certainly an extension of my cursed technique. It allows me to swap the spatial coordinates of me and one of my undead as long as we both are in the range of my shadow.

Shadow storage. One of the abilities I just had naturally, I can store my undead inside of my shadow. Why can I do that?

This also illuminates why you can't just easily replicate cursed techniques. I am already struggling to understand my own technique so how could someone simply look at it and replicate it?

Anyways, this meant that due to my cursed technique, my shadow has spatial properties and by extension has its own pocket space connected to it of sorts.

So why would the system only show it as capable of storing undead?

Is it because that is all it's capable of?

...Or is it because that is all I know of it being capable of?

Cursed techniques are not set in stone like magic and spells. They grow as the user broadens the scope of it. If you constantly use an ability and assume it can only do that function then technically that is all that technique is.

I grabbed my katana from my inventory, to pull something from my inventory I need to physically reach into the item box of the inventory screen and drag it. Quite inconvenient during battle.

Once the sword was in my hands I activated shadow storage and my shadow expanded. And I carefully lowered the sword in, my eyes worked in overdrive as I applied the same procedure I have engraved onto me by my technique and watched the sword slowly sink inside.

Good, I was worried about it not going inside. My hypothesis was correct after all.

As the shadow storage was a part of me I still felt the katana inside of me. I held my hand out in front of me and with a simple command the katana rose out from the shadow and landed in my hand.

_____________________________

[Shadow Storage]

You can extend your shadow and store cursed objects and undead inside of it. The amount of items or undead that can be stored at once is equal to your Wis/5.

_____________________________

Success, I managed to improve my cursed technique.

I tested with more things and I managed to figure out the exact parameters. For example, I cannot put mundane items into my shadow. It MUST have Cursed Energy/Magical power to stay inside my shadow. Or else it simply won't go inside.

Secondly, the object must be solid or at least together enough, for example, I can't put a hand full of sand but I could put in a boulder.

Thirdly, the size of the object cannot exceed 5 meters squared.