Chapter 6: Necromantic

This was the life.

Although I dislike the fact that my exp bar seemed to not like the notion of going up faster, I have found the perfect method for grinding. I would rush out with Cursed Enhancement, aggro a fuckton of enemies. Climb the roof of a particularly tall house and rain down hell.

This method gave me a lot of juicy juicy exp and loot, plus I just had to chug the occasional mana potion and I would be fine.

Speaking of, mana, health, and stamina potions were rather common drops from the occasional chest scattered around. All except a few were rated minor which while effective wasnt a game-changer, but it healed a decent portion of my health at this point in time which was nice.

And, contrary to how it is named, the mana potions works for recovering my Cursed Energy reserves as well. And I have no idea why, maybe they came from the same source? But what use was it to question this game logic? I will only bother spending neurons on it if I am bored and have the time to.

For all I cared, the stamina potion could recover my health and I couldn't care less at this moment. Though I didn't remember any potions in DxD so maybe I could make a bank using alchemy and selling Hp pots.

...And get assassinated by the Phenex family.

*Sigh* the woes of being a genius.

This was the kind of monologue that went through my head as I spent hours throwing down cursed flames. Hell, the skill level was well over 30 at this point.

As I was raining down hell upon these heathen zombies I decided to sift through my loot for the 2 skill books I had gotten since I ended up here.

____________________________________________

[You have learned the skill: Life Drain]

Cost: 50CE/s

Through contact, you can drain a target's health and add it to your own at a rate of 10HP per second.

____________________________________________

[You have acquired the skill: Poison Resistance]

Increases your resistance to all poisons by 1%

____________________________________________

While they seemed like not very good skills, that was only because of their low levels. Some skills start off well and then have a lackluster power curve. And other start badly but have a ridiculous power curve.

Take poison resistance for example. 1% poison resistance is shit. But if I leveled it up to 100 somehow...

Immunity to all poisons.

I know for a fact that there are some broken poisons in DxD. For example, if I had a dragon attribute some poisons could put me to bed even if I were lv 500 or 1000.

So I started taking poison in the smallest doses. The bloaters can drop minor poison vials so I took a drop or two of it. It tasted like liquid sewer and felt like magma but my poison resistance started rising immediately.

All the while I was dropping some supa hot fire at the zombies below. The feeling of euphoria from grinding like the old times was like no other.

I wish I had my phone with me to pass time though.

But after a while of chucking down fiery ordinance, I realized that the mobs had stopped coming and that I had defeated the boss, somehow.

It was probably a boss without any reach that got dragged by the commotion and got burnt to a crisp without being able to retaliate. And I didn't feel like confirming by going through 100 kill logs so I just walked through the portal after grabbing the loot.