Chapter 96: Doubt

I woke up to a sense of comfort. 3 Pairs of arms were wrapped around me. Looking around I saw Koneko with her arms wrapped around my chest, she was drooling on my shirt but I still felt it was very cute so gets a pass.

My left and right arms were taken by Rias and Akeno respectively. All of them were in their pyjamas after we spent all night binging Sword Art Online. Surprisingly they liked them but I guess it made sense, most people like it in the first watch where you don't realise the ridiculousness of it.

It was fun, genuinely watching anime with the girls. Hell, Shuri even made snacks for us due to Akeno's request.

This reminded me of something.

We...

We are still high schoolers, aren't we?

Like... isn't this what high schoolers do? Stay up past midnight watching movies with their friends while their parents make snacks for them.

It's so surreal. Despite how distorted the scenario was the core of the concept remained unchanged. I don't think I ever had a proper high school life?

From the small fragments of my past that slip into my mind every now and then my high school life was... pretty miserable? I don't have too many shards but in most of them, it is just studying in a dirty room under a lamp, no friends, no girlfriend, no "family".

It's weird, I had a preconception of my previous life that was formed by my subconsciousness just filling in the blanks. It feels like different images I have of myself are clashing against each other making it hard for me to understand it all.

This is hurting my head. So I locked those memories away for later. Right now I just wanted to pet Koneko but there was a problem.

My arms were enveloped by softness, not that I mind of course. But this is making it difficult to pet Koneko without disturbing the others. Oh, wait.

'Idle Transfiguration.'

Without much effort, I grew another arm from my shoulder and started petting Koneko as she leaned into my touch.

Idle Transfiguration is a weird ability to use. I can freely alter the shape of my soul, effortlessly growing extra arms, legs...

Wait I can make a double penis.

Hell, I could probably make tentacles too, I am sure Rias would appreciate that.

Anyways, there is a flaw with that, well not so much as a flaw but a limitation. For example, if I turned into a giant, I wouldn't just get the strength of one. Instead, my current strength would be distributed into that form so I would be a giant with the strength of a man. Of course, my punches would hurt more thanks to the higher/weight and stuff but the point still stands.

But I have found another very very potent application of idle transfiguration.