Chapter 37: Alpha

After enjoying my time with Koneko I mirrored back home and promptly passed out for a few hours.

Or at least until my penalty ran out. After that, I woke up feeling less like shit. Although the game penalty had been lifted the physical and mental penalty hadn't, my body and mind still felt like a wrung towel.

But that isn't an excuse to stop grinding.

I wonder what I should do for today. I am still lethargic so I don't want to dive dungeons at the moment. After all, I risk my life when dungeon diving and I didn't feel like inflating that risk by doing this tired.

I could make some potions. I could craft some more cursed tools. I could remake my army. I have so many things to do. Maybe I should take some days to train my skills so that they are up to shape when I need them. Also try my hand at making my own cursed techniques, I know it is possible.

If I had a technique that allowed me to teleport to a faraway location and then I used chameleon I could have disengaged from the fight and escaped the Instant Dungeon that way.

By the way, I wonder if this system allows for a party function like the original one.

_____________________________

It is possible to co-op in an instant dungeon. Party members will also receive levelling benefits to a lesser degree.
_____________________________

That's good to know I guess. But it's not like I will bring anyone into one of my dungeons over my dead body. Why would I willingly divulge one of my biggest advantages to anyone or help anyone get stronger that isn't me?

The only way I would be willing to do something was one of 3 things.

Unless they are either at 100 affection or obedience they can forget ever knowing even the slightest about my instant dungeons. If the knowledge of someone capable of making people stronger by letting them hunt in pocket dungeons he creates and unknown materials can be harvested from there then I can kiss my freedom goodbye.

Or they can as the moment someone tries to imprison me is the day I disappear into a dungeon and never leave until my level hits quintuple digits.

One other way I would be willing to take someone there is if they are under a binding vow. After all binding vows are not something you can simply break.

For example, even if it was Azazel he would not be able to break a binding vow he willingly took as the vow is enforced by you. After all, you willingly agreed to a binding vow so naturally your own being is the one that enforces the vow.

When you break that vow it won't be enforced with the energy of the necromancer but of the governer of the fallen angels. That's why the binding vows are so reliable.

For now, getting stronger should be a secondary priority. I already levelled up 30 times from the Hanami fight. My goal should be to be able to wield that strength better. After all, I dont have a disgusting template like Rias who can still stat-check me even though I am several times her level.

I could also train my maids but I frankly do not care enough about their wellbeing to do so.

Moving to my garden I set up a curtain around a 25-meter perimeter. The function of this curtain was, cursed energy reinforcement on the inside with zero ability to defend from outside. Basically turning the inside into a harder-to-destroy arena.

And I also added a new broken function by imbuing it with photosynthesis.

[Photosynthesis]
-When exposed to sunlight, synthesizes it into cursed energy.

I can finally make self-sustaining curtains. In fact, I can even make cursed tool solar panels to generate cursed energy to fuel my curtains. Genius.

"Create Undead: Skeleton Demon."