Chapter 21: Closing the Curtain

Cursed tool creation is both similar to enchanting and not at the same time. It can be considered both a sub-skill of it and a parent skill of it. In fact, I am fairly certain I can get enchanting for my cursed tool creation.

But first I wanted to get used to the basic tool-making. So I pulled out a common drop dagger and laid it on the table. The process of making cursed tools is not that complicated.

In fact, you can just stuff a dagger full of cursed energy for an extended amount of time and call it a cursed tool and you wouldn't be wrong. But a more skilled crafter can make tools that are more durable, sharper, and even imbue special aspects to it.

I grabbed the knife and started flowing my cursed energy into it while activating Cursed Tool Creation. And a menu popped up, honestly, I expected the system to make me do it myself but this was better.

In the menu, there were several parts that showed me what enchantments or curses I could put on the weapon. I didn't have any obviously and even if I had them it seems like I need reagents to put abilities on weapons. So I just chose overall reinforcement of the weapon which made every aspect of it slightly better. Which required a whopping 1,500 CE and 10 Minutes to make.

When I press ok my head got filled with information on what I needed to do. So in the end it still needed manual input.

For the next 10 minutes, I spent my time stuffing the knife with my energy until it became a cursed tool.

In the end, I was left with a subpar cursed tool. After it was finished the system made me give it a name so I just named it Dagger1 and gave it to one of my thieves to use.

Deciding that Cursed Tool Creation was too inefficient at the moment I decided to look over the crystals I got. After picking out one with about 10,000 energy capacity I started filling it out with my cursed energy.

While I did that I also practiced my other skills and within an hour the gem was filled thanks to potion abuse. Now that the gem was filled I could start my most important skill grind.

Curtain.

I want to turn my house into a goddam fortress and this thing would be the key to that. Curtains with my system should be ridiculously flexible. I wanted a safe haven for myself that I could rely on and curtain was the key to that.

And casting curtain proved that. While casting curtain I can imbue it with effects that are related to my skills. For example, I can cast a curtain with the "Chameleon" effect thanks to my chameleon skill.

If I do that the curtain will blur the cursed energy signatures inside making them harder to detect. Perhaps one of the most useful effects I could've gotten as it provides me with anonymity.

Another one I can make is cursed energy sense which would allow me to sense anything that possessed over a certain threshold of CE that entered my curtain.

No simple domain or create undead however for some reason. I also didn't have any utility spells I could imbue my curtains so I would have to figure that out later.

There was also the basic functions of the curtain such as physical barrier capability and non-magical imperceptibility.

At a higher level, I would be able to imbue more techniques and more complex techniques into my curtains as well as setting conditions on the curtain itself.

But it should be said that curtains aren't really useful mid combat they take a while to set in and can be easily interrupted. A truly good curtain is one that is set up beforehand.

I started small by creating a 5-meter curtain in my living room with no special properties.

"Emerge from the darkness, blacker than darkness. Purify that which is impure." I chanted and held my hand out. And from the middle of where I set my curtain to emerge, a black liquid-like wave formed before cascading down in a dome shape that covered the area I wanted.