Chapter 12

POV: First person, Y/n

I gasped for air as light shined on me, "Gabriella! Gabi?! Where are-," i shouted for her name as I sat up. I was about to get out of the bed when someone stopped me.

"Hey hey hey," a woman in nurse uniform held my arms and brought me back to the bed, "Gabriella is with Miguel right now. Don't worry she's safe with him," she said.

She tried to reassure me but it just made it worse, "Safe?! My daughter is not safe with him! She can't be near that man!" I struggle to get out her grasp but the pain on my stomach set me down.

"Ms. Y/n please calm down, your daughter is fine," the nurses grip was tighter the more I struggle to get out.

"Where did they go?! Where did Miguel take her?!" I asked questions.

"Easy there ma'am, we're drawing blood into you now. I suggest you don't go anywhere. And they're at the cafeteria. They'll come over soon," the nurse explained and set me, I was able to calm down.

Once I'm better we are going straight home.

"Please lie back down. You were just... injured by Miguel not that while ago," she put the blanket on me, "Please stay, I'll come get them right away," she hurriedly ran off to find Miguel and Gabriella.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes, and then lowered my hand to my stomach. I winced at the pain.

I hope he put those craws away from her.

Soon I heard chit chatter outside of the curtains, "Miguel... she wants to see Gabriella, only her," the nurse said.

"Is Mami awake?" I heard Gabriella asked, I look up and saw her quickly opening the curtains. Her face lit up like fireworks and she ran to me with opening arms, before I could even react, "Mami! You're awake!" She snuggled herself on my arms.

"Lemme look at your face!" I raised her face up and looked for any scars or cuts, "10 fingers..."

"Mami, I'm okay..." she pouted and tried to hug me again, but I stopped her.

"You still have all your toes, right?!" I asked, placing on hands on her cheeks, making eye contact with her.

"Yeah...?" Gabriella tilted her head in confusion.

"Gabriella O'Hara, don't make it seem like a question! You aren't hurt, are you?!" I asked another question.

"No I'm not, Mami," she shook her head, holding my hands.

We stared at each other for a bit, "Oh thank god! Come here, Cariño," I immediately wrapped my arms around her.

She hummed and we felt our warmth, I ran my finger through her hair as she lay next to me.

I looked up and saw Miguel, standing near the curtains, "We'll discuss about the problem... another time," he nodded and I mouthed a thank you.

———{ }———

POV: First person, Miguel

I walked out of the medical zone with a sigh. I looked at my gizmo to check the time, it 10:00.

Gabriella would probably sleep with her mother.

I let out another sigh as I head to my lab. When I walked inside, Jessica was already there waiting for me.

"Everyone knows what you've been doing, Miguel," Jessica spoke the obvious, "You can't be spending time with another variant of her! You know that yourself!" she shouted.

I ignore her remarks and pressed the button, the platform rising up. I could Jessica's voice fading away as the platform kept going up.

I sat down on my chair and rested my head on the desk, "Lyla," I mumbled, "Could you tell her to leave and turn off the lights?"

"On it, Miguel," Lyla said in a softer tone. Even for an AI, she can sense the different emotions. She knew not to piss me off any further.

With another sigh, I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. Even as late as it is or even as tired as I am.

I smiled and had a great time with Gabriella. I get so lost in the moment, that I don't realize... that this is a mistake. To spend time with my daughter from another universe.

Even if it's a mistake... I can't help it. It makes me too happy to realize what I'm doing is wrong.

You're making the same mistake again. You'll destroy another one again... just like the last time.

I tasted the taste of salt left on my lips, the salt water of my tears.

Those soothing, comforting and peaceful memories got to my head. So happy yet so sad when remembered. I want to remember the happy moments with mi hija, but it hurts to know that the joyful moments will never last forever.

I sniffed and got up, wiping my tears as much as I could. It's hurts, like someone is going to squeeze my heart and break it.

I breathed heavier, holding my chest tight as I tried to control my tears and heart. But it stills hurts even from calming down.

All I could do was cry in silent, slowly falling asleep from exhaustion.

———{ }———

The sound of an alarm went off, it was my gizmo telling to wake up. It was 8:00 when I checked.

I groaning, I stood up and stretched for bit, cracking my bones with a sigh.

"Lyla," I called and she came by, "What's my schedule today?" I asked her.

"The usual," she showed a screen of my daily basis, "Ah! Y/n was discharged from the medical zone... she and Gabriella left 2 hours ago..." she stopped talking when she saw my jaw dropped face.

"WHAT?!" I screeched, my talons coming out, "Why didn't you wake me up sooner?!"

Lyla tsk, "Well when I tied to wake you up, you said 'Tell 'em, I died' and then I said 'O.K. Miguel' and then-,"

"I'm going," I put back my mask and put in the code of Y/n's earth, "Y/n and I... still have some business,"

"Wahh..." Lyla watched me leave and shrugged, "Well if you say so! Just remember to take off your gizmo. Triggers, you know?"

I rolled my eyes and enter the portal.

Lyla rolled her eyes too and looked at her finger nails, "Such a excuse, Miguel," she then proceeded to play on her phone.