Chapter 23

POV: First person, Miguel.

"Jessica! A little help here!" I shouted, whilst struggling to catch a Pterodactyl, a flying dinosaur and anomaly. Giving me flask backs to the vulture that almost choked me to death.

"I got it!" She sprung a web at the head of the pterodactyl, yanking it down, but it was too strong.

I groaned, seeing that we are getting nowhere of this mess.

The pterodactyl suddenly decided to fly on its side, almost tipping me over. It screech and so did I.

I gripped on its leg, the other went forward and scratched the side of my shoulder. My breath hitched at the feeling, holding it in, "Jess!"

When the pterodactyl go close to a short building, Jess rode with her motorcycle to launched forward at its head bringing it down.

I crashed right under it, its claws digging into my stomach. So this is what Y/n probably felt like.

I pushed over the pterodactyl, getting up before it got back up, "You okay?" Jessica zoomed to me with her motorcycle.

I rolled my eyes, "Does it look like I am?" I said tiredly and when back to focus on the dinosaur.

Jessica stirred her motorcycle, webbing the pterodactyl's head, dragging it across the ground, trying to know it out.

I launch at it, its back burning against the rocky ground. As I punched it to sleep, its claws dig into me further and further. My suit recovering from every slash.

I was able to bring out my fangs and bit into the pterodactyl's neck. The venom flow surging through its blood vessels.

After a few minute of more struggle, the pterodactyl stopped moving, but still breathing.

My chest heaved at the aftermath, the burning sensations creeping at the newly wounds. My body tired.

Jessica opened the portal and she dragged the pterodactyl with her. She looked back me, "You going back on your own?" She asked, I nodded. She nodded back and closed the portal, leaving me alone.

I took off my mask, breathing good air after being in a stuffy mask, "Where..." I mumbled to myself.

I could still feel the air blowing against my wounds. I should really go back to headquarters, but another side of me is telling me to go somewhere else.

It had been about a month since I've seen Gabriella, having Y/n to rat me out every time.

We were good at keep it professional, yet the both of us could tell my eagerness to see Gabriella.

Without think, I typed Earth **** on the gizmo, the portal opening.

I couldn't help myself, I wanted to see her, knowing that she is alive some where, in another universe.

———{ }———

I looked straight at the door of Y/n and Gabriella's apartment. I just stared at the door, contemplating wether to knock or not.

As I stared at the door, no mask, injuries from torso and up, on of Y/n's neighbor gave me the look of terror. Probably because of my big build, I stared back at them and they immediately scurried inside next door.

With a sigh, it was best to leave as I would get the same answer as always.

Before I was about to walk away, the door opened, there stand Y/n.

I turned around, wondering why she is up this late, "Why are you up this late?" I asked, trying to make it seem like I was just checking up on her.

She crossed her arms and leaned against the door frame, looking at me up and down, "Why are you up this late... here?" she asked the better.

I groaned and rolled my eyes, walking away, "Just checking in..." I said, whilst leaving. But a sudden pull on my suit was felt on my back, as it pulled me to Y/n's door, inside her apartment, "Y/n!"

She glitched, closed the door and spin me around, landing on her kitchen floors, she detached herself some the web. I yelped and groaned as I sat on the counter tiles in the kitchen, somehow became too weak to move.

"If you go to her room," she warned me, pointing a finger, "Earth 2099 won't have a Spider-Man any longer," I urgently nodded, gulping, not knowing what her next move was.

Y/n went to get something from the cabinets. She came back with a needle and thread, alcohol, and a syringe of some substance, probably to numb pain.

"We'll start low then work our way up, okay?" she looked at me and I nodded, "Lie down," she order and I obeyed.

First with the syringe, she flicked it twice to get the air out, "I only have them on my torso and up,"

She hummed and wait for me to do something, "What?" I glared at her, my patients running thin.

She rolled her eyes and scoffed, "What do you mean what? I'm waiting for you to take off your suit," she tapped her fingers along her arm.

"Oh," I looked away and let the suit disappear from my torso and up, leaving my bottom suit on.

She started of my injecting the substance to numb me. After that she took some cotton and dapped it with the alcohol. With some pliers, she gently dapped the wounds, before stitching it up and wrapping me with bandages.

"Thank you," I mumbled checking myself to see her finished work.

I looked up at her when she didn't say anything, only to find her staring at my features. There was only one reason why she would be studying my face.

She hummed, "You can leave now," I put back the upper part of my suit on and hesitantly try to convince her again, "And no, same answer,"

I sighed and nodded, heading for the door, "And also, nothing has happened yet, everything had been the same as usual... she's fine," Y/n added.

I smiled as we walked out of the door, together, "Thank you for telling me," we stared at each other for the past minute.

"Buenas noches,"

"Buenas-," she closed the door on me.