Chapter 56

POV: First person, Miguel.

"Gwen and Pavitr, I need you at Earth-****, that Spider-man needs some assistance," I send the coordinates to them, they jumped in excitement when they heard they got a mission together, "And don't go wasting your time," I warned.

Pavitr and Gwen stop jumping around, "Yes, sir," Pavitr nodded and so did Gwen. Then they scurried away.

"And remember, the event... thing,"

Once that was done, I turned off my computer, "Wow, finished everything in 2 hours. A whole new record, Miguel," Lyla commented.

"That's because it's the last day of El día de los Muertos," I sighed, "I couldn't go with them yesterday, cause Gabriella had school. Thank god, it goes on for 2 days," I mumbled to myself, rummaging through a box of clothes on my desk.

As I was looking through my clothes to find my Mariachi suit, I looked at my left palm. I felt the rush of heat on my cheeks, remembering that Y/n gave me the Kissing Hand, just like the book. I chuckled at the sweet and childish action, so corny.

I pressed my left hand it my cheek, remembering Y/n's words.

The place seems more lively with you here. Goodnight, Miguel.

I heard the sound of snickers and giggles, turning around to see Miles holding his laugh and Hobie smirking, "What's gotten you all giddy, Boss?" Hobie asked.

"Did Y/n punch him or something?" Miles whispered to Hobie, wheezing.

I glared at them, "The hell you two doing here?!" I shouted, sighing, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Oh look he's gone hard now," Hobie smirk grew. Miles let out his extreme laugh.

Lyla joined in, "That's what she said," she smirked too, crossing her arms. All three of them laughed at me.

I felt my eye twitch, "Cállense todos ustedes!" I took my Mariachi suit, hat and quickly opened the portal. Stepping in, ignoring their laughter.

"See you at the festival!" Miles shouted.

———{                                     }———

POV: First person, Y/n.

I clicked my tongue, "Cariño, hold still," I chuckled as I put on black and white face paint of her face, to make the sulks.

Gabriella giggled, "but it tickles," she wore a black dress, with a short layered part of her shoulder, and at the ends of her dress, flurry part, the outlines red. (Idk how to describe the Mexican dress I'm so sorry 😭)

I finished her face paint just in time when Miguel showed up, the portal opening. His gazed first laid on me and my dress for the festival. I saw tint of redness on his cheeks and ear.

I stood up and raised a brow, "Why... why do you still have your suit on?" I asked, then eyeing his clothes in his hand, the mariachi suit and hat. (I couldn't find descriptions of the Day of the dead men suits, so this the next best thing, it's familiar right??, so I couldn't do my research well, I have school)

"Oh I'm just going to wear it over my suit," Miguel answered, looking at his mariachi suit, "I'll be in the bathroom," he excused himself.

I put on face paint on myself in my room, while Gabriella stayed in her room and waited.

This time, Miguel knocked on my door, "Come in," I say, my eyes still on the dresser mirror. My eyes went upon Miguel's figure from the reflection of the mirror, "Something you want?" I asked as I continued to put the face paint on me.

Miguel cleared his throat, "Could you help me with... this tie?" he asked hesitantly, his hand holding a thin silky red tie.

I finished my face paint in time, turning around. Miguel's face in a little shock of some sort, "What? Did I do the face paint wrong or something?" I asked, pointing to my face.

"No no..." He slowly shook his head, his ears having a harder shade of red, his hand extending forward, "So could you...?"

I looked down at his hand, seeing the red tie, "Oh right, sure," I took the tie from his hand and began to tie it around his white collar long sleeves, "You don't know how to?" I asked, with a huffed laugh.

Miguel rolled his eyes, with a small smile, "I... never really have time for these... so this is the first," he explained, putting his hands on his hips, sighing. He looks down at me, as I tie his tie. His graze tracing the design I've created on my face, to my hair, accessories, and dress.

He slowly moved his eyes away. If he stared more, then his red blood cells would act up again and that'll just ruin everything.

"And... here," I stepped back to look at him up and down, while he gave me the look of worry. I hummed, "You're handsome, Miguel but..."

He pressed his lips together in a pout, "But what?" Miguel tilts his head, "Should I change...?" he was about to take off the jacket, before I stopped him.

"No no no," I immediately shook my head, placing my hand over his, "is it okay, if I put face paint on you? Most of the people at the festival will," I said, my hand still on his.

"Oh," Miguel nodded, readjusting his jacket before speaking again, "Okay... but why hide my handsomeness?" he joked with a little smirk and chuckle.

I rolled my eyes, scoffing. Tugging his jacket, leading him to my bathroom, making him sit on a stool. I turned on the lights, "Stay there, I need to find more face paint," I set off.

I rummage through my wardrobes. My eyes gleamed, finding another pair of black and white face paint.

I took the brush I was using and taking the stuff to my bathroom.

I made eye contact with Miguel, before turning up the sink, washing the dried paint off.

I dried it and then dipped the brush in the white paint first, "Now hold still," I put my hand underneath his chin.