Chapter 13

(A little teaser of chapter 16 🤭)

POV: First person, Y/n.

"And when I tried the empanadas. They tasted just like yours!" Gabriella explained as she bit into her egg, bacon toast, "He even got me fruit punch, my favorite!" She smiled happily.

I hummed and looked down at my untouched food that made for the both of us.

Gabriella put her toast down and looked at me with concerned eyes, "Mami... does your stomach still hurt? Did Miggy hurt you again?!" She started to panic, "I knew I shouldn't trusted him!"

"I'm fine, Cariño. And Miguel would never- I mean Miggy didn't hurt me..." I shook my head and mentally slapped myself.

"Oh good," she sighed in relief but still had concern in her eyes, "But why are you so quiet?" She pressed her lips together.

"It's nothing," I shook my head again, "just tired... is all," I got up and decided to wrap up my breakfast and eat it later.

"We don't have to do anything today," Gabriella reassured me and looked at our newly fixed window, "I hope that if Miggy comes by, he'll use our door and not the window- AHH!" Gabriella screamed and I turned to her.

"What happened-," I gasped to see Miguel in his mask and suit, right on our window. He and I stared at each other dead in the eye, "No te atrevas a romper mi ventana otra vez, Miguel!" I shouted at him, as he flinched at my Spanish.

"Why didn't you use the door!" Gabriella got up and shouted to, walking with me.

I went to the window as he hesitated to say something, "Could you open the window?" He asked.

"You idiot! This window doesn't open!" I rested my hands on my hips, "This is the fifth floor, someone could get injured from a fall. So of course this wouldn't be a open window," I groaned.

Miguel glared at me through his mask, "Just... let me in, okay?" He asked as he hanged on a metal bar, waiting for me.

"No. Take the elevator," I shook my head.

He growled, "that would lead more suspicion, Y/n!" he shouted at me, his talons out.

"What's more suspicious, hmm? You taking the elevator in a spider suit or you outside of my home, letting the world see you in a spider suit!" I gestures my hands out, "Tell me, Miguel,"

He sighed and looked down and climb down, deciding to take the elevator.

He hesitated to push the fifth button, after a while he pressed it. But the elevator stopped on the first floor.

A woman who just looked liked his AI Lyla stepped into the elevator. She raised a brow and pressed her lips together, looking at Miguel, "Halloween is in a few months, you know," she joked as she was going to the third floor, holding groceries in hand.

Miguel let out a huff and crossed his arms, ignoring her. Knowing that this Lyla acted to same way as his AI.

While they wait, Lyla was checking Miguel's build, "So... are you single?" She asked, "I got a widow friend, who is in need of a big hot man like you. What do you say, suit man?" She smirked.

Miguel gave a look of horrid and disgust, he shook his head no, "I'm not interested in anyone, nor am I thinking about dating," he explained, slightly turned himself away from her still smirking gaze.

She chuckled, "Whatever you say, hot guy," he let her pat his shoulders, as she stepped out of the elevator and into the third floor, "Hope to get your number soon!"

Miguel groaned and waited for the elevator to closed. He tapped his foot impatiently, wondering why does this elevator take so long to go up.

"Finally," he mumbled and stepped out of the elevator. He checked door to door, looking for the number 107, "105... 106- 107,"

Once Miguel was in front of the door, he was about to punch to door open. But then he remembered and dared not to care Gabriella.

Now with a gentle knock he wait for the door to open, "Carñio I would if you go your room when I talk Miguel- I mean Miggy, okay?" he heard me tell Gabriella.

"But Mami, was if you need protecting?" Miguel heard Gabriella pout and he chuckled at her variant daughter's stubbornness.

I sighed, "Just stay behind me, okay?" Gabriella nodded and walked to open the door, with my many eyes and large fangs, now open and ready.

I slowly opened the door, and stepped back letting Miguel in, "Why did you leave so suddenly?" that was his first question as he watched me closed the door, following with Gabriella.

"I recovered and needed to go home," I sighed and crossed my arms, "You and I know for a fact that there is no need for a discussion. We both know my canon event had already happened," I explained and raised a brow, letting him speak.

Miguel try to stay tall and mighty but forgetting that he might scare Gabriella.

Now the both us knew that my canon event was my husband, Miguel. From what Gabriella told me, she told him about her father.

"And yes I know that more than one canon event can happen. I am aware of that, but I will not allow that to happen," I shook my head, Gabriella being awfully quiet and so is Miguel himself, "You don't want it to happen, don't you?" He nodded. He was agreeing with me.

Before Gabriella and I left earth 2099, Lyla had to show me what Miguel had done in the past. Lyla was trying to protect Gabriella from dying and so was she trying to protect Miguel from more trauma.

"I know what you are actually here for Miguel... and I would like it if you leave," I flared at him, walking up to him, Gabriella holding my arm, visibly shaking.

I watched behind Miguel's mask, his eyes grew wide by surprise, "What... I- No-," he tried to explain the best he could with Gabriella being right there to witness it all.

"Lyla showed me... I'm scared, Miguel," I breathed for some aur, holding back tears, "if you continue to do this. What if that same mistake happens again?! I've lost-," he interrupted me.

"I'll try my best to figure out another way- just please! I'll be careful-," he begged, looking down at me, wanting to spend time with Gabriella.

"Mami..." she called for me.

"Cariño please go to your room," Miguel and I said at the same time, looking at her and then back at each other.

"Oh okay," she nodded and went to her room, glancing at us before closing the door.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead, "Look she seems to enjoy your company even though she still hates you for literally ripping my stomach," I continued, "I know what happened and I know what you have done. Even if you can find a way to somehow live in a dead person shoe, it feels very wrong, Miguel!" I shouted at him, and he stepped back a bit.

"Yes I know what a have done... but..." he struggled to find the right words, "please let me see her for a moment," he tried to go to Gabriella's room but I stopped him.

"She doesn't even know her own father. I never brought him up, Gabriel and I never said his name. You know why?" I paused, "We loved him so much, that it's hurts to even say his name or bring it up," those tears I held back, came flooding in.

I sobbed and wiped my tears, "It hurts... to see you, Miguel... it's hurts just as much it hurts to see her. I really felt happy to see you, but you're not mine," I suddenly felt big strong arms envelope me. Wrapping me in a comfort embrace... just like last time, when he held me in my lowest moments.

"I'm sorry," he apologized as his buried his face into the crook of my neck, "It's hurt too... but I can't help it," I felt soft skin on my forehead. He kissed my forehead.

"I understand," he nodded and stepped away from me, going to the door, "I'll... leave and never come back," his chest went up and down, he felt like his heart was going to explode from heartbreak.

He opened to door and turned to leave. With one final glance at me, he watched as more tears ran down my cheek.

He close the door and began to slide down on the floor, leaning his head against the door. Taking off his mask, he breathed again and let his tear fall too.

(Please try to ignore that I wrote 'I know that' about 10 times already 💀)