Chapter 24

POV: First person, Y/n.

"You have your lunchbox?" I asked Gabriella as she put her backpack on her back. I was dropping her off from school.

She nodded, "Yup," she waved, "See you mom! Te amo!" She blew me a kiss and walked along with her friends as I said I love her too.

I drove back home, getting a test from Lyla. Saying 'omg I just forgot to tell you I was a big hot man in a spider suit!'

I texted back 'ok' cause I'm dryer than the Sahara Desert. Then she started to bombard my phone with messages, which I ignored.

Suddenly my spider senses ticked in, an anomaly with tentacles- its a giant kraken, but its colors look more vibrant.

With a sigh, I parked my park along the sidewalk, walking pass horrified people. In a dark alley, I changed into my suit.

I web towards the kraken, the fact that the anomalies can't glitch here is sometimes disappointing. But not for civilians who live in a different universe- Accept for fart clutch! Aka Miguel.

I punched once and it was knocked out. Oh, okay that was easier than expected.

I heard the wave of cheers as usual. As I ignore their questions, pictures and autographs, I quickly wrapped the kraken up like sushi.

With the device Miguel had given me, I called for back up. Usually from what Jessica told me, Miguel would send others without him. But as we all know now, This universe is so special that he will go himself to my universe.

"What was it this time?" Miguel asked through my ear piece as he was traveling through universes.

"A kraken," I replied and sighed, "the 3rd on this month," I muttered.

He hummed, stepping out the portal behind me, I turned my head to see him there. He looked at me first, once out the portal, "What?" I raised a brow, "the injuries kicking you?" I joked without a smirk.

I could see him roll his eyes behind his mask, "No," he shook his head and kept eye contact with me before dragging the kraken to the portal.

Is he acting like that cause I slammed the door on his face? Damn, he can be worst than a spoiled child.

"Alright is that it?" he asked, wiping his hands, crossing his arms as the crowed dies down.

I hummed a yes and thought for a minute, before speaking, "You mad that I slammed the door on you?" I asked him, raising a brow.

"Wha- what?! No! I'm not. No-," Miguel sighed, "No I'm not mad,"

"But you always look pissed," I scrunched my face.

He scoffed, "I'm always pissed, Y/n,"

"So... you were lying,"

"About what?"

"That's you're not mad,"

"Well- look- just- why are we even talking about this?!"

"Because you keep staring at me!"

"How do you know that?!"

"I can see your face right behind that mask!"

"How?!"

"I just can!" We yelled at each other back and forth. After than we stared at each other in silence at usual.

"I'm going back, you're coming too," he opened the portal again.

"What?! Why!?" I asked.

"I have a mission for you," I sternly announced, "You're the right job for it,"

"I'm not going," I shook my head, "Gabriella will be alone in the universe without me. Did you forget?" I crossed my arms.

He narrowed at his eyes. Right, he had forgotten. How did he forget so easily? He nodded, understandably, "Right, make sure she's safe," he stepped closer to the portal.

"I know I will," I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled a bit, "Yeah I know. And you too," he looked at me again, with more intense eye contact.

"Me what?"

"Make sure you're safe too," he jumped into the portal before I could rely to his words.

A fuzzy feeling was left in my stomach, probably butterflies. I mentally beat myself up.

No nope no no no no He's may look and kinda act like yours sometimes but he is not the one you loved. Shoo shoo away!

"He better not be doing that on purpose," I scowled.

———{                                     }———

After that was over, I head home with my normal clothes. I parked and walked to the elevator. There I saw Lyla.

I mentally prepared myself for her blind dates for me, "Y/n!" she beamed.

I forced a smile, "Lyla!"

"Just in time! I was looking for you," she said as I stepped in the elevator.

I hummed, "Why were you looking for me?" I asked even though I already knew the answer.

"Okay well first off this man is also a widow! And I have been talking about you for some time to him," Lyla smirked.

I sighed, "oh great..."

"Wait wait wait! Just hear me out, okay? He's been a doctor for about 7 years, he's 34 has 3 kids. Wavy jet back hair," she gushed, "And these beautiful... sapphire eyes," she sighed.

"Lyla it sounds like your falling for him," I groaned and tapped my foot waiting for the door to open, so I can leave Lyla's rambles.

"Anyways I set up a date for you both this Saturday," Lyla smirked evilly.

"What?!" I shouted and turned to her, as the bell ring and a person was about to come in. But he heard my scream and decided to step back and wait for the next one.

Lyla and I looked at him before looking back at each other when the door close, "You didn't even ask for my consent?!" I whisper shouted, violently shaking her shoulders.

"He was so into you when I showed you a picture of him," she bit her lip, "I couldn't help... so I decided to be Cupid!" she clapped.

"Oh mierda, tendré que terminar con esto de una vez," I sighed and dropped my head down. The door opened and that was my floor, before a stepped out of the elevator, I cursed at Lyla, "I fucking hate you, Lyla!" I stomped into my apartment.

"Omg! I fucking love you too, Y/n!" I heard her say with a teasing tone in the end.

"I'm gonna kill myself," I sulked.