Chapter 25

POV: First person, Gabriella.

The school bell rang, it was time to go home. I quickly packed my stuff.

As I was doing that, someone accidentally bumped into me too, it was Eliza, "Oh sorry, Gibby," she smirked at scurried away.

I glared at that nickname she gave me. I really want to kick a soccer ball into her face. But my Mami always tells me that if your opponent hits you first, you hit them back then. (Very true my actual mom said this)

I clutched my fist, my knuckles white as I continued to pack my backpack.

As I got out the classroom, my classmates crowed in a circle. In the middle I heard shouting.

"Why did you push Gabi!" That voice belonged to my best friend Olivia.

I pushed through the crowd as Olivia was screaming at Eliza.

"Gibby is just a some loser who only wants to score the goals!" Eliza shot back, "Maybe that's why she doesn't have a daddy, unlike me!"

Everyone gasped and I stepped in, "The only one who wants to score is you! But you can't, because you're blinder than our own old dog!" I shoot back and everyone gasped again.

"Blind? Blind?!" Eliza stomped towards me and slapped me across the my face. Eh I've actually been though worse not that long ago. I stood there in shock, "What are you gonna do now? Cry Gibby?" she smirked evilly.

I smiled at her, "I'm going to bite that hand of yours," I pounced at her, sending her to the floor. I sat on her, blowing punch after punch.

She scream and kicked, struggling to get off of me. As someone who has the spider powers, I am more stronger.

She hit me first, so I can hit her back.

(Sorry I don't know how to make child roasting appropriate 😭 like idk how teenagers roast each other)

———{                                     }———

I was in the car with my Mami. She was upset at something, but already looked like that before she heard the news of me.

I hissed at the pain of the slap Eliza gave me, an ice pack helping me.

The both of us sighed, "God, I hate her guts," we both say and stared at each other.

"Lyla?" I asked and she nodded.

"Eliza?" She asked and I nodded.

We sighed again, "Like why do people have to make our life more complicated?!" Mami clicked her tongue, "Are they jealous that our life is just too perfect or something?!" she scoffed.

I groaned, "I know right? She's mad that I scored the goal when she couldn't," I added something else, "and that it was the reason why I don't have a Papi..."

My Mami's expression changes from a glared to a softer one. She was about to saying something but I stopped her, "But... that's such a dumb comeback!" I blurted out laughing, "She clearly has peanuts for brain cells!"

Mami's expression changed again, she burst out laughing, "That's a good one!" she held her stomach while driving, "Next fight, say that," I laughed along with her.

"Oh, I will," I nodded.

After some time, I spoke again, "You seem upset before you came to pick me up, why?" I asked.

Mami sighed, "Lyla set me up with another date, without my permission," she answered and groaned, "How many blind dates I've gone? ...5 6... 10... I lost count," she talked to herself.

"Oh no," I said, sighing too, "so you have to go?" I asked and she nodded with a hum.

"Yep, I'm so excited," she sarcastically beamed, "Anyway we have to go buy me a dress cause I donated all mine away, thinking that Lyla was done with... her Cupid stuff,"

"Okay," I nodded, dangling my legs, take out my homework, doing it now and not last minute.

"We are also going to our favorite Mexican restaurant,"

I gasped, "Really?! Yay- wait why?" I asked, bringing my excitement down.

"Because one, you won a fight and stood up for yourself and two I don't feel like cooking and I'm craving for (favorite Mexican food)" (if you don't like Mexican food then others is ok)

"Okay! I can't wait!"

———{                                     }———

"Mami, you look so pretty!" I complimented her, clapping my hands.

She thanked me and looked at the mirror, still deciding wether to buy the dress or not, "I'll buy it," she said.

We went to the cashier and paid for the dress. The cashier put Mami's new dress in a bag and we head to our car.

Before stepping in, our spider senses tingled, we turned to the direction of the honking noises of a car.

With a look from Mami, she gave me the keys and I locked myself in. I buckled my seatbelt just in case I accidentally fly.

As I saw her disappear, the cars blocking my view, I thought about the last time, this happened.

Our universe is becoming more and more dangerous, I really wonder why. Before the spider people came, everything was very peaceful.

Just Mami and I... well Miggy is fun too, I do miss him, but Mami is always telling me to stay away from him.

I never ask her why, knowing that she'll looking away with a sad expression. Have Miggy and Mami met before? Or what did Miggy do to make Mami so upset?

Anyways, I'm worried that Mami will get hurt again, wether it's Miggy or not, I've never seen so much blood in my life.

I tired to patently wait for Mami to fight some bad guy, while I fidget with my fingers and hold my backpack close for some comfort.

———{                                     }———

POV: First person, Miguel.

"Miguel," I got a call from a familiar voice, I quickly tapped my gizmo to speak.

"Two in one day?" I asked, opening the portal, I heard her hum.

I stepped out of her portal, the sunset hitting me. I blinked a few times to adjust to the light, probably because I work in the dark.

I furrowed my brows, "Where's Gabriella?" I asked, looking around, also spotting the villain wrapped up in color blooded webs.

"In the car," Y/n answered.

I nodded and picked up the villain, "Buenas Nochas, Y/n," I waved.

"Benas Noc?-" I cut her off, closing the portal in front of her face.