Chapter 40

POV: First person, Miguel.

Y/n has not called me for any anomalies. I grit my teeth together due to stress.

Does Y/n even need help anymore? Did she ask someone else to help her get the anomalies? Is she really going to avoid me? But what if they're hurt and they can't contact me?! What if they're universe collapsed?

I want to call Y/n so bad, but she might just ignore my calls. But what if she's hurt and can't reach my calls?

I ruffled my hair and groaned in frustration, moving screen after screen. I was about to call Y/n to check on them.

Lyla chimed in, "you heard what Y/n said..." she frowned in front of my face.

I scoffed and turned away, continuing to contact Y/n. But Lyla stopped me, powering off my gizmo, "Lyla! What do you think you're doing?!" I glared at her.

Lyla crossed her arms, pouting at me, "You put Gabriella's life at risk, even Y/n's too! If you love them so much... then this wouldn't have happened," she sighed, "Everyone has warned you before that you shouldn't bring your business into theirs!"

I stay silent, giving Lyla a quick glance. She continued, "Why don't you wait until Y/n decides what to do, okay? Because Miguel... Gabriella earth **** isn't... your daughter,"

And there she goes... always reminding me, "I know, Lyla. That's the reason why I always hid my face," I frown, "Is it selfish of me that I'm kind of glad that Y/n never told Gabriella about her father?"

Scoffing, Lyla spoke, "Of course it is! Gabriella didn't know her actual father-,"

"Well at least, I didn't replace myself with another like last time," I huffed and crossed my arms.

"But you are, Miguel..." Lyla sighed and zoomed to look at me, "Gabriella never knew her father and you're already there to take his place,"

"Y/n's husband passed away because of a canon event,"

"Yes, as always canon event change who we are. The one you took place was supposed to die just like Y/n's. Do you still know what you are doing?" Lyla asked, her face quite stern.

I stay silent again, "I... I um..." well clearly I don't know what I'm doing.

"See?" Lyla press her lips together to make a funny face, "Y/n's the boss now. Wait for her instructions," she smirked.

"Oh, you're following Y/n's rules now?" I scoffed and looked away, slumped onto my chair, "Fine... I'll wait," I announced.

"Hooray!" Lyla cheered, "But hey, be more obedient. Trust me, Y/n will like you more," she smirked and I shot a glare at her.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!"

"What?" Lyla continue her smirk, "I'm just trying to give you advice," she zoomed away.

———{                                     }———

POV: First person, Y/n.

I unlocked the door of our apartment, letting Gabriella go inside first, "Your nose okay now?" I asked her, concerned.

She turned to look at me and gave me a thumbs up, "No more bleeding, but my cheek still hurts," she hissed at she pressed her cheek with her thumb.

I hummed and went to find an ice pack, wrapping it with a towel, before place it against Gabriella's cheek, "Keep the ice there for a bit," she nodded.

"Do you need anything else?" I asked as I rubbed her arm for comfort.

She shook her head, "No, can I go to my room? I have homework," she pointed to her bedroom.

"Okay," I nodded, "If you need anything call me," I stood up as she left to go to her room.

Every since that Miguel burning down the restaurant, Gabriella and I's relationship has been awkward. I'm just there to take care of her now and it seems we don't do any fun things together so much.

She just does her homework with I do my job writing book after book, about lovers dying! Wow, I'm really am depressing.

I went to my room and sat on my bed, continuing to type on my story.

A few minutes passed, my spider senses tingled. I clicked my watch and my suit came as I put it on, "Gabriella, make sure to stay inside!" I shouted as I opened the door, I heard her say 'okay,' before leaving the apartment.

I went to the rooftop to see what type of anomaly was this one. A T-Rex?! Como carajo...?

I jumped off the roof, going into a diving position. I webbed to a street light and kicked the T-Rex's head to bring its attention towards me. As before, its was roaring at the civilians.

The T-Rex's head looked toward me as I landed on the floor with a ironic spider pose, "Damn you're a big boy," I commented as I looked up at the gigantic dinosaur.

The T-Rex roar at me and started to run at me. Its stomps made the city shake as if there was an earthquake.

"Ah... take that as a compliment," I started to run away, now I thought that kick would knock it out but it guessed wrong.

I needed a huge big wall that is hard enough to knock this ancient thing, "Move! Move!" I tell the civilians as they ran away from the Dino that was chasing me.

I saw a huge wall as expected, with a quick glance I checked to see if it was still behind me. Oh yeah, it still is, run faster.

Already at the wall, I walked up and sprung a web at the edge. The T-Rex hit the wall. It slowly stepped back, as it fumbled and flipped around, before falling to the down.

I huffed in relief before going down and kicking my foot with it, to see if it was still unconscious.

Gladly it was, as I was about to call Miguel. I paused remembering out last encounter. My mind went flooding back from the sorrow I felt on that day when I pushed Miguel away from us.

I held my breath before taking that call.

(Sorry y'all, I was praying to the Buddha just I few minutes ago. Praying that my Sophomore year isn't shit)