Chapter 43

POV: First person, Miguel.

Dear Dairy,

It's now October, the leaves turning the shades of fire, falling off the tree and to the floor. I haven't been to Y/n's universe-

"What are you typing, Miguel?" Lyla appeared, asking before I quickly swiped the screen away, so she wouldn't see.

"Uhh," I paused and looked at my screen before looking back at Lyla, "Nothing," I shrugged.

Lyla squinted her eyes, humming, "You always hold so many secrets, Miguel," she nodded to herself, pressing her lips together before going back to her screens.

After hours of monitoring universes, my alarm went off, telling me to eat, "I'll be heading for a break, Lyla," I announced, jumping off the platform.

I saw a glimpse of the makeshift living room, Y/n, Gabriella and I worked together. No one goes there, yet it still stands there untouched.

I can't bring myself to go in there without the guilt and stupidity weighting my shoulders.

I went to the cafeteria to get... those burgers that the chefs design my suit on it.

I grabbed a burger and soda. Turning back to my office, before I spotted the little rascals.

I furrowed my brows, humming. They were talking so quiet, I'm surprised my ears don't hurt. My ears perked up, hearing Y/n's name.

I walked over to them, making sure my shadow isn't over there. I caught a glimpse of Miles's phone, he swipe through pictures. His friends giggle along them, "Y/n and him seem really close..." Pavitr face droop, pointing to a certain photo. Miles, Gabriella and his friend taking a picture, while...
Y/n and some guy were in the back, their faces surprised from Miles adding them in the picture.

I grit my teeth together and walked to them, grabbing Miles phone with ease, "Hey! Who- oh! Miguel..." Miles nervously looked at his friends.

I ignored them and swipe through the picture. My glare increasing every time I see a picture of Y/n with the guy. I didn't think much of Gabriella, she looked like she was having a blast, which is good. I just hope the rascals didn't do anything stupid.

I placed my burger and soda on the table, before screaming at the rascals, "¡¿Quién diablos es este tipo?!"

"Huh?"

"The guy's name is Winston," Miles quietly answered, knowing some Spanish, especially curse words, "Y/n invited him to talk,"

I opened the portal, having a tight grip on Miles's phone.

As I was in the portal, I thought to myself. Why am I so angry? Sure I am, if Y/n went for another guy then Gabriella will get upset.

The portal led to the inside of Y/n's home. I stepped inside, Y/n and Gabriella weren't home. Gabriella has school, but Y/n should be home because she works from home.

The angry in me soon faded, leaving me with worry inside. Where is she?

I went to the living room, taking a look at the city by her window. Her universe is similar to mine, but more blue, more sad.

I heard the sound of footsteps. I hid behind the couch. Suddenly those footsteps stopped, but I knew who ever was there was close by.

The door lock was unlocked, footsteps were heard again. It's stopped again, "Miguel?!" it was Y/n's voice calling me, "What- what are you doing here?!" she asked walking over the where I was hiding.

I appeared myself, cold sweat on my shoulders. I tried to act like I wasn't nervous, "Why was some guy in your apartment?!" I asked, pointing down at her.

"Why are you in MY apartment?!" she asked, pointing up at me, "I thought I told you to leave!?"

"I will, until you tell me why did you bring some man into your home!"

"Miguel, what the hell is it to you?!"

"..."

"Seriously, what is the reason for acting like this?!"

I looked down, obviously she is right. What was my reason for being irritated when guys are around her, "And don't make Gabriella an excuse about this, you hear me?" her finger was getting closer and closer to the between of my chest.

"..." I couldn't say anything. I don't know what it was. Was my excuse always been Gabriella? How I say that I don't want Y/n to be with another man or else Gabriella would get upset. I took a deep breath, "I... I don't know how to tell you..." I searched for her eyes.

Y/n let out the most loudest frustrated groan every heard, "Why are you always act like this?! You're angry and then the next you decide to act like a dumbass!"

I constantly looked at her as she paced around the room, taking out her angry on me. Just saying some random bullshit, which are true.

"Miguel!" Y/n called for me and I flinched when I found her close to my face, "Are you done? Cause I need you to get out of my apartment," she demanded.

I grumbled and crossing my arms, pouting, "oh great," Y/n put her arms down in defeat and sighed, "Now you're grumpy again. Did someone poke your ass or something?" She half joked.

I looked to my left, my face still showing a pout. When will she stop yelling me? I looked back at her as she continued to talk about how frustrating I can be, "Y/n, just... please calm down..." I put my hands out, "You're... hurting my ears," I mumbled.

Y/n stopped and turned to me, very very slowly. She looked directly in my eyes. She bursted, "You're telling to calm down? Calm down?! How!? When you're here, in my apartment! When I told you multiple times to never come here?! Clearly there are no anomalies right now! So, all you came here to tell me is about the person I brought over- when it's not even your business!"

"It is my business," I sternly said. I could feel my ears ringing.

Y/n scoffed and turned to the kitchen, "Where's my (Favorite snack)! I need it!" she stomped away, giving up, "I just can't deal with you-," I stop her from going, springing a web against her back, pulling her back to me.

Fuck this.

(Oooo🤭 what's gonna happen?)