Chapter 54

POV: First person, Gabriella.

When we got home, Miggy and I were greeted with the smell of my favorite food. I squeal in excitement, hopping to the kitchen, heating Miggy chuckled form behind.

There on in front of the stove, stood Mami, cooking dinner for us, "Mami! We're home!" Miggy called out. Well Miggy doesn't live here but now he comes here most often after the talk with Mami.

Mami groaned and shouted from the kitchen, "Miguel I told you not to call me that!" she clicked her tongue, continuing to cook dinner.

I laughed and put my homework on the dinner table, deciding to do homework here, "Sorry, I say that when I talk to Gabriella," Miggy explained, walking to the kitchen, in finds to help Mami.

Mami turned to him, with a noticeable glare, "You make it seem like your my child," she went back to cooking dinner.

Miguel looked down, humming and nodding. He stood next to Mami, patiently waiting for some instructions, "Need any help?" he asked, his fingers tapping on the counter.

Mami shook her head, "No just go help Gabriella," Miggy pouted quietly before going to sit down next to me, helping with my math homework.

"I can do my math on my own, go help Mami," I whispered.

Miggy let out a laugh, "Your Mami doesn't want my help," he whispered back and sighed, "It's okay, she's independent it makes since,"

While Mami cook dinner, Miggy helped me with my homework. I was amazed when we finished sooner than I thought.

He and I decided to play videos games on my Nintendo on the TV to pass by time, "Aw," Miggy hissed as he lost from Mario cart, "Good job, kid," he gave me a fist bump and I accept.

I remember hearing the words 'Good job, kid' when another pair of us were playing soccer and they won.

"Kids dinner is ready!" Mami yelled from the kitchen. We turned off the TV and walked to the kitchen.

Miggy immediately started to help Mami set up the table, "Miguel-," he ignored her calls and continued to place down the utensils. She sighed in defeat.

We all sat around the table, Mami giving me a plate of my favorite food, "Thank you Mami!" I thanked her and dug in.

Then she gave a plate to Miggy, "Thank you Mami," he teased with the name. Mami ignored the name.

Everyone eat dinner. I don't know if it was awkward or not, but at least it felt nice. A father, mother and their child.

Yes it feels wrong, thinking as someone else who looks exactly like the one you loved, but wouldn't those loved one want to be happy for you?

After everyone was done, Miggy quickly took all of our dishes. Mami clicked her tongue, "Miguel-,"

"Y/n, I want to do this," Miggy turned to look at Mami, his expression sincere, "Go sit down,"

I smiled and dragged Mami to the living room, "Come on, Mami. He's just trying to be nice," I reassured her.

"Being nice doesn't suit him very much," Mami scoffed as I turned back on the TV, "What were the both of you guys playing?" she asked.

"Mario Cart," I answered and gave her an controller, "You verses me!" I gladly accept her challenge.

———{                                     }———

POV: First person, Y/n.

"I'm going to check if Miguel is done, okay?" I put the controller down, standing up. I heard Gabriella said okay, while I headed to the kitchen.

When I entered the kitchen, it was spotless and shiny, Miguel wiping the counters still. My eyes almost in tears to how bright it was. No wonder Miguel was taking so long.

"Sorry I took a while... I trying to clean up," Miguel rubbed his neck, turning side to side, cracking his aching bones. A thin layer of sweat on his forehead, along with strains of hair sticked to it.

"Wow," I nodded, looking around the place. I played along with his teasing, turning around patting his shoulder, "Good boy," I let a small smirk fall on me, heading back to the living room.

I saw that he stood there for a bit, froze when my lips slipped out the words 'Good boy' I clicked my tongue shaking my head.

Miguel cleared his throat, putting his usual tired expression, trying to shrug off those words.

Gabriella hummed as she looked at the rows of video games we have installed, "What else should we play..." she mumbled as Miguel came sit down next to her, me on the other side, "can we play Mortal Kombat?" she asked, pleading me.

"Uh," I gave a concerning look, "Cariño that's rated 18+ with gory scenes and strong language," I explained, raising a brow.

Miguel furrowed just brows, also with concern, "What's Mortal Kombat?" he asked me, turning to my direction.

"A fighting game," I answered, looking back at him, "I played the arcade ones with... well when I was younger," I readjusted my sitting position, turning away.

Miguel hummed and turned back to the TV, "Have you played it before, Cariño?" he asked Gabriella, curious as to why she wanted to play such game.

"No," Gabriella shook her head, "just thought we should try something new. Oh! How bout you two play against each other?" She looked at the both of us.

"Huh- what-,"

"Cariño I don't think your Mami wants to-,"

"Aw come on, one round then you can be done," Gabriella held out both of the consoles. I sighed and took the red one. Miguel hesitantly took the blue.

After round one...

"¡¿Por qué diablos es esto tan difícil?!" Miguel aggressively tapped and clicked every button there was on the console, being that the console itself was smaller than his palm, "¡Este juego está amañado!" he grumbled, hunching his back, trying to focus on the game, only knowing one attack move.

Gabriella and I were laughing our butts off by his silly anger. It had already been so many rounds of playing, of me winning. The first round I won and that made him snap, "¡Dejar de reír! ¡Estoy haciendo mi mejor esfuerzo!"