Chapter 85

A month later...

POV: First person, Y/n.

I woke up with the sound of glitching? And... screaming. Without waking up Miguel, I walked out of my bedroom and into the living room.

Underneath the sky blue door of Gabriella's room, was light, many neon lights and flashing. Without another thought, I ran to the door, opening it to find Gabriella screaming in pain as the glitches swarm around her. Now it makes sense.

I gasped, "Gabriella?!" I called for her, her room was a mess as I couldn't see her from all the different colors of light.

My shout for Gabriella, woke up Miguel. Since the door of the bedroom and Gabriella's was open, he saw the light too. He too ran into Gabriella's room, gasping too. He heard Gabriella's screams and looked at me, "Where is she?!" he had to cover his eyes.

Miguel and I activated our suits, "Gabriella?!" I called for her again.

"Mami! Mami! It hurts! It hurts so much! What's- what's happening to me?!" Gabriella shouted, I walked closer and closer, past the glitches.

Miguel huffed in frustration as he is not immune to the glitching. There on the small bed was Gabriella, curled up into a ball as she cried from being glitched. The power that I have causes her... harm.

I reached to hold her face. As she glitches, I saw tears and spotted different variants of Gabriella, "Come on, Cariño, just breath okay? Just breath," I reassured her.

"Mami, this light and weird stuff is hurting me!" she cried weakling tried to hug me, "Make it stop!"

"Just breath okay?" she listened this time and breath slowly. The glitching died down but not all of it.

Miguel walked up closer to us, his hologram suit not helping at some of the glitches stung him, "Cariño, Gabriella, what happened?" he hissed as he held her in his arms, not giving a care in the world if his daughter's powers hurt him, "It's okay, Cariño. We'll figure out a way to-,"

The ground shook, "Earthquake?" I muttered, but before I cause think or say anything, Gabriella scream again. This time not glitches, but a black hole started to form in the sky.

Miguel and I looked at each other, I held his arm, "Take her to the HQ, I'll deal what's going on,"

"What about you? Will you be alright?" he asked.

I nodded, "I'll be fine, I promise... just stay with her, protect her. The both of you don't come here until it's safe," I hugged the both of them, kissing their foreheads as I stepped back.

He nodded and opened the portal, turning back to me, "Stay safe," he gave me a worried expression, before holding onto Gabriella tighter as they hopped into the portal.

I ran up to the roof, up above my apartment, was a black hole. Now looking up close, the had the same colors at Gabriella's glitching. She may be the cause of this without knowing. Damn my genetics!

I hope it doesn't suck up us. But unfortunately, my prayers weren't answered, as my apartment complex started to the rock and rise. Chairs, light pole, signal parts, etc. started to float. I heard screams of many.

I took out as many people as possible, and thankfully I achieved getting out everyone in time. But every minute the black hole pulled into our universe, the quicker it's speed picked up.

"Y/n!" I turned to find Jessica, flying out of a portal and onto a roof. She and I nodded, as more and more spider people came by.

The only problem was that, there was a little boy, hanging onto a light pole, "Help! Help! Please!" he hugged onto the light pole for dear life, as the black hole pulled him in.

"I'll do it," I leaped off of Jessica's motorcycle, jumping and swinging around any debris. I got onto the same pole at the boy, "Kay, now hold on the me," I quickly said, as the pole was already being sucked away by the black hole.

Boy kept crying, holding onto the pole still. I sighed in defeat as I yanked him off of it, Jessica already catching him in time. With a breathless sigh, I swing a web to a building to swing away. I pulled but then, I couldn't move my legs.

Peter and Ben Riley gasped as they saw that half of my body was already being sucked by the black hole, "Hold on, Y/n! I got you!" Peter attached a string of web, I grasped it with my hands. A lot of spider people help Peter pull to get me out.

I looked back as it was no use, "It's not working!" I said, looking at all of them. My expression could already tell what I'm going to do. As long as everyone is safe, that's fine.

Peter shook his head, "Don't you dare Y/n! Miguel will kill you first, then that thing!" he glared at me, but a part of him didn't want me to let go, "Just hang on! We've got more people coming in, don't worry!"

"All of us, will get sucked in, if you keep on holding me!" I was ready for it though. Gabriella is safe, and Miguel would still be happy with her, without me.

Peter didn't listen and continue to hold on, the string already breaking. More of the spider people used their webs to grasp my hand too.

The black hole began to grow stronger, meaning that the glitches appeared.

And then...

Snap.

The web broke, the glitches fried and buzzed the white strings. I didn't know what to do, the only last words at came from me were, "Take care of her,"

Peter and the others fell, he immediately stood up. Eyes wide, the black hole slowly growing smaller and smaller. We didn't know where the black hole was taking me, or even what was it going to do with me.

Peter started at the sky, nothing could be said. I was gone. He turned to look back at Jessica, her eyes already glassy from the tears she was holding back.

Their mission has failed. From what Miguel said, "Your mission is get Y/n out of there, and unharmed!"

But I was gone.

(*sighs* tired)