Chapter 21

POV: First person, Y/n.

I furrowed my brows in confusion by Hobie's question, "Uh... sure?"

"Really, Hobie?" Gwen sighed and look at me, "Sorry about him," she pushed him away.

"It's okay," I nodded and so did Gabriella, "Is there... something you need?" I asked.

"Uh no!" Gwen shook her head, "We're just here to say hello... and we also thought we spend some time with you guys... you know get to know each other...?" She laughed nervously.

I hummed, "you already know me and Gabriella... though..." I explained, Gabriella waving a hello.

They stayed silent until Miles spoke, "Uh... Uno anyone?" He brought out his pack of cards.

———{ }———

While they all played uno, I thought about going to the restroom to wash off my suit, "Excuse me... I'll be at the restroom," I pointed to the exit of the medical zone.

"Ok Mami!" Gabriella waved.

I smiled and nodded, walking out of the medical zone. I walked around to the lobby looking for a restroom.

I wanted to ask someone but... I don't have much friends which mean I don't know how to talk to people casually other than Gabriella, Gabriel and Lyla.

Eventually I found the restroom, with a sigh, I went in. I took off my suit with the press of my watch, my actual clothes underneath. With my suit in hand, I turned on the sink, water flowing.

I put the suit in the sink and started to scrub the dry blood off my suit with a wet paper towel.

I looked up at the mirror, noticing there was a blood stain on my forehead.

How come no one told me that?

I sighed and put some water on my face, the blood disappearing.

While I was scrubbing in suit, another woman came into the woman's restroom, it was Jessica Drew.

"Y/n," she nodded, standing next to me, checking herself by the mirror.

I looked away, "Jessica..." I continued to scrub my suit.

She played with her a bit, then turning to my direction, "Aren't you worried on what's going to happen to your universe?" She asked.

I stopped the sink and turned to her with an unknowing gaze, "Well... from what Lyla has told me... there was another canon event before the recent one. And nothing has happened when both of the canon events never happened... but that doesn't mean I want him around Gabriella,"

She hummed, crossing her arms and nodded, "How... how does it feels when you see someone you loved in another universe?" She asked another question.

"It hurts... a lot. The fact that someone you love exist somewhere else and you just to go there and be with them. But that unfair to that you in that universe..." I sighed, "but it's also unfair for people like us too," I squeezed the water out of my suit. The heat of the suit itself will dry it off, putting it away.

"I just hope that Miguel doesn't make the same mistake again..." she sighed, checking her eyelashes.

"You know," I turned the sink back on, "If he never made all of this, everyone will have to same fate, the same ending, a similar life I'm sure. But him just telling the spider people on who or what's going to die is miserable. Why say it and then tell them that you can't save them?! It's stupid! If he didn't want them to interfere with their canon event, he could've just kept his mouth shut. Cause telling them will make want to save that person they love so dearly. You don't just want to stand by and watch your loved one die, don't you?" I turned to Jessica after my rambling.

She stayed silent, her eyes telling me something. My expression from a sad to a surprised one, "Why...? You..." that's when I realized Jessica and I are very similar. But for her it seems like Miguel brainwashed her into not saving her husband. I hope she tried to save him though.

"Miguel... he told me," Jessica looked down, "My little boy will never met his father," her voice quivering, almost in tears.

I looked down, crossing my arms, "You could've saved him," I sighed, a hint of disappointment.

"I know I could've... but I was afraid if I didn't let it happen... I'll lose everything," she explained.

I hummed and decided that is conversation was getting uncomfortable so I walked out of the restroom, "Puto gilipollas, Miguel," I mumbled under my breath.

I walked out the restroom with my normal attire, walking back to the medical zone.

"I won again," Gabriella place her last card down on the other cards with a smirk on her face.

Everyone groaned and sighed, "having fun?" I sat back down.

"Noooo Gabi keeps winning," Pavitr whined and drooped his shoulders.

Gabriella giggled, "Sorry I'm just that good,"

"What to do now?" Miles groaned and put back to card in the box.

I got up and pulled the blanket of Gabriella's shoulders, "I think that it's best that Gabriella gets some sleep,"

"What?! But it's the afternoon not nighttime," Gabriella complained even though she obliged.

I sighed, "If you want to run and play then sleep," I gently took of her headband and hair tie, then turned to the others, "You guys can go,"

"But-," I stopped Gwen.

"Go now, I already know what this is,"

"What- we- we don't know what you're talking about," Miles tried to play his lie off with a smirk.

"Miguel wanted us to watch over you two," Hobie spoke the truth, his hands still in his pocket.

"Miggy?" Gabriella titled in head, "is he that busy with work?"

"Hobie!"

"Man what!"

"Miguel is in love with you!" Pavitr shouted and everyone looked at him, knowing that that was out of pocket, he smacked his mouth.

"Pavitr, what?!" Gwen screamed at him.

Sweat formed on Miles forehead, "Dude I think- think they're just acquaintances,"

"Nah he definitely has a crush on Y/n," Hobie smirked. Everyone looked at me, afraid on what will I say to Pavitr's outburst.

I covered my face, my ears a little red, feeling my eye twitch as I look dead at them, groaning, "Get out,"

"Uh oh," Gabriella hid under to covers.

In the end, they were thrown out of the medical zone, "Gabi! Save us!" Miles cried.