Chapter 26

POV: First person, Y/n.

"Oh," I forced a smile, "Maldito imbécil," I groaned and headed to the car, finding Gabriella safely inside.

She unlocked the doors for me, I sighed, "Just another villain from a different universe," Gabriella hummed and I turned to her, it seemed she wanted to say something, "What is it, Cariño?" I asked, a worried expression planted on my face.

She shook her head, smiling, "Nothing, just hungry! Can't wait for food!" She beamed.

I wanted to ask why she was lying but decided not the push it further, "Don't worry, we will order lots of food!" I giggled and started the car, sensing that Miguel was watching us, above a building. Knowing that he wanted to make sure we were okay and unharmed. I no longer sensed him, after a few minutes. Probably left or we are far away now.

———{                                     }———

Gabriella hummed in delight as she took a big full of her burrito. I giggled and pointed to the corner end of her cheek, "Cariño you have some sour cream near your lips," I smiled.

She licked it off with her tongue and thanked me with her mouth full, continuing to scarf down her burrito.

I bit into my food as well, smiling at Gabriella. I hummed at the good food too.

"Did you see Miggy?" she asked, washing down her food with some soda.

I raised a brow, "Yes, I did," I answered and chomped my food to avoid more of those questions from her.

She hummed and nodded, continuing to eat her burrito, "I like Miggy," she added, looking at me to say something.

I forced a smile, "Yeah, I know you do," I looked away. Damn you Miguel, look what you done!

She opened her mouth to say more, but closed it. Yeah this is awkward.

———{                                     }———

We went home afterwards, I set the keys down, while Gabriella went straight to her room.

I stared at her sky blue door, the sore came like that when we first lived here. I sighed, knowing what Gabriella wanted. She didn't care for a dad, before meeting Miguel it was just the two of us. She liked it was just the two of us.

But now ever since Miguel has enter into our lives, she find enjoyment with him. Always reminded him of 'Mr. Grumpy'

Even if she never say that she wanted to see Miguel or if I never said no, we still communicate through the silence, knowing we will get the same words over and over again.

I took off my shoes and headed to her room. I knocked on the door, gently, "Gabriella..." I called her.

She hummed, signaling me that I can open to door. I opened the door, crossing my arms, leaving again the door frame, "Look I know you want to see Miguel but you know it's not-,"

She cut me off, "It's not safe," she finished my sentence for me, still sitting, doing her math homework on her desk.

I sighed, "Cariño... you see Miggy as a father figure?" I asked, very curious to know how she had gotten so attached to Miguel. Yes I knew that Miguel and his daughter were close but my Gabriella never knew hers.

"I... don't really know," she turned to me, her face sad, "But Miggy is fun, kinda like Gabriel... who we haven't seen in a while,"

"You know you can't replace-," she interrupted me.

"I know, Mami... but to be honest, I'm not replace my actual father. I'm not! Mami, I don't even know my actual papá, you never told me, never shown me picture of him. Even Gabriel never talked about him," Gabriella looked down, "Miggy isn't a replacement cause I met him, I never met my papá to begin with,"

She was ready for me the disagree. Most parents do that, try to make themselves the right in most situations.

I sighed and nodded, looking at the floor, "Yes, you're- you're right," I chewed the inside of my cheek, "You're right," I mumbled again.

We stayed there in silence for a while. I held my breath but then released it, "Well um... goodnight, Cariño... Don't  forget to brush your teeth,"

She nodded and hummed, "Good night," and I closed her close.

Walking to my room, I took a shower. I changed into some comfortable clothes for bed. Brushed my teeth and combed my hair.

I lied down on my bed, thinking of what should I do.

Gabriella never really thought about her father, merely cause I never talked about him. And Gabriella never seemed to mind about not have a second parent.

Yet she probably see Miguel as a father figure. She's very observant, so she probably studied how a father would treat their child. Probably at school she saw.

I hummed and sighed multiple times, whilst turning side to side. I couldn't sleep. What do I do?

I'm afraid that Gabriella may be harmed. But it's also selfish for me too, for my safety as well.

It's really okay if Gabriella get close to Miguel, I'll know he'll try his best to take care of her, protect her. But for myself, no. Being close to him, will result in me thinking that I've replaced the Miguel I once knew. Which I knew of course, figure I use hatred on him, makes me actually hate in for the insane decisions he makes.

That should also for Miguel 2099, but he's so blinded by Gabriella's life and heartbeat to exist in another universe once again.

I blinked once then twice. I want Gabriella safe but also happy. If she wants to see Miguel then she can, I can't force her to not see someone she clearly has fun with. Huh, I'm quite jealous now, I need to be more fun. Which I'm clearly not, that's why we usually drive to place she likes to go.

I'll let her spend time with Miguel.

I took out my phone and started to schedule stuff for Saturday.

I need to ask if Miguel is free on Saturday- well he's always busy but he will stop everything for Gabriella.