Chapter 22

POV: First person, Y/n.

"Kay now, sleep Cariño," I tugged in Gabriella, her yawning.

She rubbed her eyes, "You didn't hurt them, did you," she asked, getting into more comfortable position to sleep in.

I shook my head, "No, I didn't. They're just being a little annoying," I sat back on my chair.

She went forward with another question, "Do you think Miggy has a crush on you?" She asked.

"No, he and I are just... uhh co-workers now," I answered her question, "Just co-workers," I added.

"Nuh uh,"

"Yuh uh,"

"Nuh uh,"

"Yuh uh,"

"Nuh uh,"

"Gabriella go to bed," I chuckled and tickled her.

She squealed, "Okay okay Mami. I will!" she laughed, "Ack! Stop tickle me Mami!"

"You better close your eyes then I'll stop," she closed her eyes and I stopped tickling her.

Once she fell asleep, I too did. I lied to myself that I was just going to rest my eyes.

———{ }———

POV: First person, Miguel.

"What?!" I quickly turned to the little rascals, my eyes almost red, "she found out and told you to go away?! Why can't you guys just listen to what I say for once!" I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"But Hobie kept smirking,"

"But you kept stuttering,"

"Well- Miles was being a little pus-,"

"I told Y/n that you had a crush on her!" Pavitr suddenly shouted, bowing his head multiple times, "I'm sorry! But it feels like there's just something going between the two of you!" That was truth though. They already know that Y/n was married to me in her universe.

I sighed and looked away, giving up, "Just get- just get out, all of you," I groaned and rubbed my face with both hands, "I feel like dying,"

"Huh, they are kinda similar," I hear Miles comment and I cringed.

I continue to monitor other universes, to trying to forget on what just happened.

It was now 6:00 pm, I checked the time. I rubbed my eyes with one hand.

I should get something from the cafeteria.

I got out of my office and when to the cafeteria. Wanting something light and easy going, I went for some soup.

That's when I thought came to mind, had Gabriella been fed yet? Is the hospital food now good? Or is she eating the cafeteria food?

I decided to bring a container of soup to the medical zone but then about thought crossed my mind.

Y/n wants me to stay away from them.

I dropped my head down with a sigh, holding the container of soup right in front of the medical zone entrance.

After a few minutes of thinking, I went inside. It was quite quiet for a hospital place. Maybe it's because the spiders' injuries for the pass few day haven't been so severe.

Those that were there, were occupied. It would be embarrassing, to asked someone to give soup to a patient while I have a hardcore status.

"Um..." I raised my finger to anyone with they were busy. Giving up with a sigh, I went forward to just giving the soup to Gabriella myself.

Y/n is going to hate for this, but whatever.

With my mask on, I slowly open the curtains, only to find Gabriella already having something to eat and Y/n typing on a laptop. They looked at me, probably already sensed I was coming.

"Oh," I waved my free hand around, nervousness behind my back. I cleared my throat and turned to Y/n, "you shouldn't be giving her solid food, when she's trying to recover," I glared at her.

She glared back, "She's had the chicken soup, already," she scoffed, "Having the same thing twice a day is boring, sometimes unhealthy and who said you can come here?" she asked.

God, we can be negotiable, then the next we're fighting like predator and prey.

We stared at each other eye to eye, "Miggy," Gabriella called for me.

I changed my cold tone to a softer one, "Yes, Cariño?"

"Gabriella what-," Gabriella cut Y/n off and I tried to hide my smirk.

"Do you have a crush on Mami?" she asked and my smirk immediately disappeared, "Cause Miles and the others have been talking about it and that made me curious too,"

"Cariño he doesn't-,"

"Cariño I don't-,"

Y/n and I stared at each other a glared, "Get out," she said, I stayed were I was, "Miguel, get out," she crossed her arms.

I shook my head, my lips turned into a pout, "No," I looked away and Gabriella giggled at my childish act.

I set the soup on a counter and sat down on another chair, across from Y/n, next to Gabriella.

Gabriella stared at us back and forth, sweat formed, not knowing what will happen next.

Y/n rolled her eyes, scoffed and when back to typing on her computer, "You put the soup down, now you can leave,"

I glared at her, my arms crossed, I didn't move an inch.

She stopped typing and looked at me. After a moment of silence, with a sigh, she got up and took my arm.

"Miguel, get out," she demanded with a tired tone, she tried to yank my arm but I didn't budge. Now that I found out, she is stronger when she's absolutely furious.

"Get up, now," she pulled.

"No," I moved my arm away.

Y/n groaned, "God, why are you so persistent," she mumbled and turned to Gabriella, "Tell him to leave, Cariño,"

She looked away from us, "Uh..." I turned to look straight back at Y/n.

"See, she doesn't want me to leav," I smirked, "so I'm staying,"

She gave me the look of 'You know that you're a dangerous person to her' and I read it on her face.

My eyes droop a bit and I can tell Y/n saw that too. As my gaze begs her to let me stay for a few moments. Knowing for a fact when Gabriella discharges, I'll never see her again.