Chapter 42

POV: First person, Miles.

"Y/n's place?!" Gwen jumped from her seat, "Okay, I want to go but... what about Miguel?" she whispered.

"Eh, no need to worry about it, he won't do anything. Y/n would probably beat him up with her sandal or something," Hobie crossed his arms, smirking.

I huffed, "Y/n literally dragged him out of the medical zone when Pavitr said something so embarrassing," I pointed at Pavitr.

Pavitr brought his hands up in defense, "But I can't lie, can I? I just know Y/n and Miguel are in love~" he brought his hands together and jumped.

"But it's wrong for Y/n to love Miguel. When her pass husband was-," Gwen was interrupted.

"Miguel," we all turned to see Miguel behind up, we jumped and he continued, "Y/n's late husband was Miguel- anyways why are you going to Y/n's place? You should just leave her alone," he advised.

We all continued to stared at Miguel before bursting out of laughter, "What?" he looks at all of us, raised a brow.

"Boss, we've been telling you the same for a while now," Pavitr calm down, holding his stomach.

Miguel furrowed his brows, "Been telling me what?" the smartest Spider-Man we know acting dumb right now?

"YOU are the one that needs to leave Y/n alone," Hobie corrected Miguel, putting his hand in his pocket.

Miguel scoffed and rolled his eyes, "whatever, just don't do anything stupid," he turned to leave.

Hobie held his laughter, "You too!"

Miguel turned back, glaring, "Cállate!"

———{ }———

POV: First person, Gabriella.

I was playing with my legos until my spider senses tingled. I got of my room to see if my Mami heard the same. Mami was already looking up at the ceiling, "Did you heard that?" I asked.

She nodded, "I'll go check it out, you stay here," I nodded and she opened the door and went to check the roof as always.

I hummed and went back to my room.

Mami opened the door to the rooftop, to see Miles, Gwen, Pavitr and Hobie all stacked on each other, "Why do we always end up like this?" Miles groaned, having the weight of his three friends on top of him.

"You need to quickly move to not get in the way," Gwen pushed off Hobie and Pavitr, helping Miles stand up.

"Why are you all here?" Mami asked, crossing his arms. Then she remembered that Miguel one time send them to watch us in the medical field, "Did Miguel sent you?" she asked.

Everyone shook their heads, Hobie the first to speak to Mami, "We came to see you on our own accord, my lady," he bowed.

Mami cringed, "Thanks... I guess," she gave them weird looks, "well if that's it, you can leave,"

"But but but!" Miles was really bored and wanted to have fun with his friends.

"Dude stop saying but!"

"Ok ok, we were bored so... well bored so Hobie decided we come here. We hope you're not busy..." Miles tapped his index fingers together.

Mami thought for a bit, hoping they aren't lying about coming here by their own choice, "Sure um... Gabriella would be happy to see all of you," she forced a smile, letting them inside the building for them.

As they walk to our apartment, Mami warned them, "Do anything stupid and you won't go home afterwards," she glared at them.

They immediately nodded, remembering how angry she can get.

She opened the door and let them in first before closing the door, "Wow! It's so... so plain and sad..." Pavitr put his shoulders down, looking depressed at the apartment.

I heard the sound of people entering, I peeked through my door.

Mami laughed and went to sit back on the couch, "Sorry, that's probably me," she apologized and joked. She spotted me peeking behind my bedroom door, "It's your uno friends, Cariño. You can come out,"

I smiled and opened the door, "Hi guys!" I beamed, happy to have new friends, "What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"We were bored so we came to see you guys," Gwen explained, along with the rest nodding in agreement.

"Oh shoot," Mami whispered and then turned to us, "I have someone coming cover today, so just- pretend you all are cosplaying, okay?"

Everyone nodded. Hobie smirked, "And who's coming over?" he asked.

Mami had her eyes on her phone, not looking up as she spoke, "A friend," she answered.

"Ah..." Hobie nodded and continued to smirk, turning to me, "Whatcha want to do, kid?"

I hummed and thought for a bit, "Let's go draw," I pulled Hobie's and Gwen's hand to my room, "An art contest!" I beamed.

———{ }———

POV: First person, Y/n.

I heard the sound of laughter, coming from Gabriella's room. I stifle a giggle, my heart melt she was having some fun and being happy other than Miguel. Ok Y/n, you should stop thinking about him and think about Winston.

I heard the door bell ring, getting up to open the door, "Hey, sorry if I'm late, I took a nap after this," Winston laughs nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

I smiled, "That's okay," I gestured him to come inside, "Doctors need to be taken care of too,"

"Oh my... your apartment looks so... um..." I can clearly see he tired to find joyful words for a... sad place.

I laughed, "Gloomy?" Winston eyes' widened, he shook his head.

After we settled down, we started to talk and vent out our frustrations. Stressing that we would have to go through another date if it happens. How we don't want to replace our past lovers with someone else.

"One time I date someone after 2 years of my wife's death," Winston sighed, "And my kids weren't so happy about it,"

I hummed, "My daughter gets upset every time I go on some date,"

"Why... why haven't you said anything how her father to her?" he asked.

I looked down, "It hurts a lot... Gabriel, my brother in law... he and I never really spoke about him after his death. He and I were so close with my husband, that we were about to pretend that he never existed," I continued, fiddling with the glass cup holding some wine, "But in our hearts, we will always remember him... when I looked at Gabriella... all I see is him. She acts so much like her father, even though I'm the one that raised her," I giggled. How is it even possible though? Gabriella acts so much like him, I sometimes think I'm talking to his younger self.

I turned to see the kids out of Gabriella's room. Miles holding a phone out, "Say cheese!"

(Um so... y'all wouldn't mind if I change the book cover to this?

Cause it's been really popular and this fan art makes feel like as if I did a pacer test

Cause it's been really popular and this fan art makes feel like as if I did a pacer test. If you want it as the book cover, comment about an embarrassment moment in your life, right here.)