Chapter 44

(AHH- just went to heaven y'all 🙂✌️ anyways good luck at school my high school readers! I'm literally at school rn)

POV: First person, Y/n

I was about to get my favorite snacks, until Miguel webbed me back to him.

As quick as he can be, he place a hand on the back of my waist, the other against my head. We looked at each other for a second before, Miguel's lips connect with mine.

Only for a moment, we kissed. I paused right there, not giving in the kiss. Seeing that I wasn't leaning into it, Miguel pulled back, his gaze on my mine. He cleared his throat, "That'll shut you up," we stared at each other in silence, before he gasped and covered his mouth, seeing what he had done.

"Get out! Get out! Get out!" I pushed Miguel away and headed to my bedroom. Fuck my snacks, why the hell did he do that?!

I slammed the door, "Que mierda! Why why why," I whispered to myself, putting my hands on my head.

From my room being so dark, I saw the light under my door. A shadow appeared, it was Miguel behind the door, "Sorry, Y/n," he paused and sallowed thickly, "Like I said before... I didn't know how to tell you..."

Wtf?! Why is he acting like this?! He's mad. Then clueless. Then mad! Then sincere??

I said nothing and huffed, covering my mouth. Face flushed from the aftermath. I'm going to pretend that this Miguel didn't just kiss me, to shut me up.

"Y/n...?" he called for me, his voice soft, "Um... I'll just go now. Maldito idiota, Miguel..." he mumbled to himself. I heard the sound of the portal opening, his footsteps heavy. (You know what else is heavy?? Wjaiwgwv I'll shut up now)

I stayed there for a while, my face no longer so red. I want my snacks.

———{ }———

"Woah chill lady!" said this Doc Ock as he dodges my blooded webs.

I ignored whatever he said and sprung a web at a trash can, throwing it to him.

After I tie this bitch, I have to see Miguel. Oh my god, I have to deal with his gorgeous face again!

Doc Ock screamed when the trash can bonked his head. He fell unconscious on the floor. I tilt my head in confusion, "How come you didn't use your octopus claws?" I mumbled, looking at the Doc Ock, who's tongue was sticking out.

I looked at the device. The one Miguel gave me, the one I have to use in order to get rid of the anomalies.

I went the press the button, but hesitantly pulled back.

You have to press it, Y/n. This anomaly can't stay here!

But I don't want to see Miguel, it's been 2 days already. Those 2 whole damn days felt good, without kicking ass and sending that ass to Miguel.

But the ass can't stay here for long!

"Just press the button, Y/n. Maldita sea!" I went to press the button, but pulled back again. I screamed in the inside, groaning in frustration.

I squealed as I pressed the button, alerting Miguel from his universe. A few seconds passed, and nothing came, though the call was going on, "Uh... hello? Miguel?" I called for him, bringing the device to my ear. Maybe the sound is not good right now.

Behind me, the portal opened and I turned around to see Miguel there. His shoulders droop, his posture odd, making him look sullen. If he does that, he'll age faster.

He knew that the unconscious Doc Ock, but his eyes were on me, once he got here, "Gabriella is fine as always-,"

Miguel interrupted me, "I know she's fine, Y/n. It's you who I'm worrying about now," he walked closer to me, his hand out.

I stepped back, with a glare behind my mask. He stopped seeing that I didn't want to be near him. I never intended be near him, although I get carried away, "Can you just get on with it?" I crossed my arms, looking away.

I felt my face flush, from the kiss. I shook my head, getting it out of my head, thanking my mask for hiding the red face.

Miguel huffed in annoyance, he mumbling something to Lyla probably. He threw the Doc Ock into the portal.

His gaze on me, while mine looking at the so beautiful floor. My fingers tapped my arm, "Why are you still here?" I asked, not looking at him. I heard nothing, "God why are we like this?" I mumbled.

Miguel cleared his throat, "Come with me to the HQ," he offered.

I immediately looked at him, furrowed my brows, "What? You know I might refuse,"

"And I know you might not," Miguel looks at the portal then back at me, "It's not about missions or another of that. Let's not talk like we're co-workers or or- some divorced couple but as... as..." his voice trailed off.

"Acquaintances?" I finished for him. We weren't friends or a divorced couple, really.

Miguel nodded, "Yes... something like that..." he slowly walks closer to me, I didn't move. Is this a trap? If it is, I move back. But I can't, why can't I? he reached his hand out for me, "Your answer?"

Will he be impatient if I don't choose in time? I looked at his hand. God, he's quite manipulative, "Why do you want to talk? There is nothing to talk about," I stated, scoffing. What will happen if I fall for his trap? I need to keep my guard up.

"There is things to talk about," Miguel sighed and begged, "Y/n, please... it's my fault and I... I want to fix it,"

"Fix what? We're just people who we know each other, Miguel. We're not friends. What is there to fix? And even if there was something to fix, would you think I'll still let you see Gabriella?" I asked.

He tilts his head, "I'm not going to use Gabriella as an excuses for my reasons as such anymore... I want our relationship to be neutral," Miguel continues, "I just can't tell you how how... I can't really explain it myself either. I haven't felt this way in a long time,"

(Guys just hold your pussies okay?)