Chapter 79

POV: First person, Y/n.

"I'm back!" I turned back around after locking the door. I find to see Gabriella with puffy eyes and Miguel with a ruined face, still handsome though. They sat on the dinner table eating early lunch, "What... you... what happened?" I asked Miguel. Obviously he had something to do with Gabriella crying as I glared at him.

Miguel quickly chewed his food, "I let Gabriella shave my face," he explained, drinking some water, looking at Gabriella, "And Cariño, I already told you I'm fine," he reassured her again.

Gabriella pouted and nodded, eating her lunch, not saying a word. I chuckled and headed over to Gabriella, gently brushing her hair, planting a kiss on her forehead, "He's going to be fine, Cariño. He's gone through much worse," I reassured her too.

"Okay..." she grinned and continued eating.

Miguel gawked, "How did you make her smile so fast?" he grumbled and whine like baby, "I tried so hard..." he mumbled.

Gabriella chuckled, "Sorry..." she apologized.

Miguel sighed, "That's okay," he then turned to me, patting my seat, "Come eat, your food is still hot,"

"Hold on," I took off my suit to reveal a huge cut on the side of my stomach, kinda reminds me of Miguel almost taking my guts out, "I got to deal with this first," I walked to the bathroom, getting medical supplies.

Miguel spit out his water, "¡Ay dios mío! Y/n we have to bring you to the hospital!" he stood up, almost tripping on something. He walked over to the bathroom, were I was already sitting on the counter, tending the wound.

"It's fine," I continued to use the rubbing alcohol against my wound, "How am I going to explain to doctors, what happened?"

Gabriella stepped in, looking at my injurie. She gasped, covering her mouth, "Gabriella don't look!" Miguel warned her, he picked me up bridal style, "Come on Cariño, let's bring her to the headquarters,"

———{ }———

Miguel stormed into the Medical Zone. He screamed at everyone to move away and get a new room for me. Me in his arms, while he has Gabriella on his shoulders.

"Miguel..." I rolled my eyes and sighed, as he placed me down on the hospital bed.

"Gabriella, stay with your Mami, okay?" Miguel stepped out of the room, then went on the search for some better medical supplies.

I turned to her, "He's overreacting," I rolled my eyes again, making myself comfortable.

"But Mami..." Gabriella sniffled, "This is more worse than those scratches on Papá!" she pointed out, pushing me down against the bed.

Miguel came back with supplies. He got some tweezers, grabbing a cotton, before wetting it with some alcohol. He leaned forward towards my stomach, "Cariño it's best you don't look at this," he warned Gabriella.

Gabriella shook her head, "Mami would always come back with many booboos so... no need to worry,"

I hissed when he pressed the cotton against my wound, "Sorry..." Miguel mumbled, using his other hand to sooth my thighs, finding me comfort.

After that, he wrapped me up in some bandages, "You didn't eat breakfast or lunch, you want something to eat?" Miguel asked.

"Anything you make us fine, thank you," I grinned.

Miguel then turned to Gabriella, "Want anything, Cariño?"

Gabriella smiled and eagerly nodded, "I want your empanadas please!" she jumped in place.

Miguel smiled and smirked at me. I raised a brow, "What?" I asked, confused as he glanced at me.

"Looks like I make the better empanadas," Miguel places a hand on his chest.

I scoffed, "Hey, she said our empanadas taste the same. What's the difference?" I shot back.

Gabriella looked at us having an odd argument. What weird parents she had.

———{ }———

POV: First person, Gabriella.

"Miguel!" Mami tsk as Miguel brought the empanada to her mouth. He wanted to feed her, since she's injured, "It's not like I broke my hands!" she grabbed the empanada out of his hand. Mami chomped off the empanada, aggressively.

Papá pouted, "But I'm trying to take care of you..." he adds, "Hear lemme wipe off those crumbs on your face," he grabbed a napkin and about about to wipe Mami's face.

"Mig-," he cuts her short.

"Y/n... stop being so stubborn. Gosh, why are you so cranky when you're hurt," Papá then wiped the crumbs off Mami's face, he stared into her eyes. And so did she.

I mentally icked in my head, "Ew... stop being so lovely dovey..."

Papá and I stayed near Mami a lot as she stayed in the Medical Zone of the HQ. Although she was persistent to get up and move, Papá was persistent and told her to stay in bed.

At the end of the night, Miguel decided that Mami should rest here, "Can I sleep with Mami?" I asked, pleasing at Papá.

"Cariño, I do really think you should go home and rest in a more comfortable bed," Mami suggested, staring at me with concern.

Papá hummed and brought over another hospital bed, making sure it sticks into Mami's bed, "Come on," Papá gestured me to the bed.

I gasped and huddle up in the middle, snuggled up between my Mami and Papá.

"Oh!" Papá then reach down onto the floor to pick up coming, then showing us The Kissing Hand book at us, "I brought this... we can read it if you like Cariño," he suggested.

I gasped again, taking the book and flipping it the first page. Papá and Mami chuckled at my excitement. We all took our turns reading the story, slowly dozing off to sleep. Papá let out a loud yawn, stretching like cat.

I closed the book and smiled above my parents. I sat up and kiss Mami's forehead, "Goodnight Mami," and then Papá, "Goodnight Papá," I then pulled the blanket over me, falling asleep as I felt the soft skin of two kissing my forehead.

I smiled at the warmth and comfort of my parents. So happy.

"Goodnight, Cariño," they both say.