Chapter 48

(POV: when you laugh at a person's joke, but that person is someone you hate)

POV: First person, Y/n.

"Oh my gosh, Ms.- I mean Y/n, you're a life saver!" the chef bowed multiple times. I stood there as I watched the clones so the work. Haven't used such power in a while, now I have back pain.

I weakly smiled, "You're welcome," I nodded, "Making an infinite amount of cupcakes will take a while of course, since there's so many spider people," I looked as spider people would come and go, taking a cupcake.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" the chef kept thank me. Please stop.

I took a cupcake and shoved it in the chef's mouth to shut him up, "How does it taste?" I asked.

"Delicious!" he beamed and waddled away. Oh my god, thank god.

I decided to just decorate the cupcakes. Putting frosting, toppings, designs and sprinkles.

As I was decorating the cupcakes, I was lost in thought.

Is Gabriella safe right now? Does she need anything? Did she and the others cause trouble? Did she and Miguel caused trouble?! I'm literally going to throw these cupcakes at him! That man still makes me furious! Is mad then sad then grumpy then- then then whatever else emotion is left!

I let out a frustrated sigh, closing my eyes before opening them to see my decorated cupcake. Oh wow... I just made a Miguel O'Hara cupcake...

———{                                     }———

POV: First person, Miguel.

"Come on, come on!" Gabriella grabbed my hand, dragging me to the cafeteria, where Y/n would be.

I felt the sweat against my neck. Maybe it's the right time to tell her? Yeah, I should tell her, "Slow down, Cariño," I told Gabriella and she slowed down.

We arrived at the cafeteria, inside the kitchen were filled with so many Y/n clones, "Oh..." Gabriella looked around trying to find the original Y/n, but all act the same.

I remember when Y/n escaped from the anomaly zone, the clones swarming out as if they just got out of their egg sack. Absolutely terrifying, left some people traumatized.

Gabriella tapped on one of their shoulders, "Where's Mami?" she asked and the clone smiled, pointing to the closed kitchen area, "Thank you, Mami!" she thanked the clone.

Although these clone aren't actually Y/n... Gabriella still treats them the same as Y/n herself.

Walking to the kitchen, my eyes look to see Y/n, her back facing us. She was decorating cupcakes.

Her spider senses tingled, she turned to look at us. Her eyes traced my musketeers costume, looking up and down.

Y/n clearly didn't know what to say, neither did I. Gabriella looked at us, back and forth, "Imma go... make cupcakes too!" she scurried away, asking one of the clone if they want help.

Y/n and I stared at Gabriella. Y/n stared at me, before turning away when I turned to gaze at her.

"I like your... costume," I commented.

"We're wearing the same thing," Y/n blurted out, continuing to decorate the cupcakes, sighing, "What do you want now, Miguel? Came here to TELL me something?" she asked, adding sprinkles on a orange frosted cupcake.

I stayed silent. Why can't I say it?! It's so much easier to say it in my head than in my mouth. I let out a frustrated sigh, immediately covering my mouth afterwards, hoping Y/n didn't heard that.

"Difficult to let it out?" Y/n blankly said as she went to get a tray of undecorated cupcakes, "Complicated as always," she sighed, checking if the cupcakes had cool down.

I took a deep breath, "I... I..." I swallowed thickly, walking near the counter of decorated cupcakes, "I love-," I tripped on something, causing me to fall on the decorated cupcakes...

I face plant into the cupcakes, some falling to the floor, the tray making a loud thunk sound.

Y/n turned around, "Oh... I didn't know you love cupcakes," she paused for a bit, stifling a giggle, "I can see you're really digging into those," she joked.

I groaned and stood up, a cupcake with frosting drooped down across my face. I grumbled, looking around to what I tripped on. I saw nothing, but the gray and cupcakes that previously fell. Did I trip on air?! I felt heat rushed to my cheeks and ears. How embarrassing, falling on air.

My face and costume now covered in frosting and sprinkles. And the costume was just given to me not that long ago.

I was in so much thought that I didn't noticed that Y/n handed me a napkin, "You have frosting everywhere..." I slowly took it.

"Do you really think one piece of napkin will wipe all this away," I asked, trying to play it off cool, wiping the frosting away.

"What are you saying," Y/n scoffed and mumbled, "There's more over there," she pointed to another counter of napkins.

I went over there, trying my best to wipe off most of the frosting. There was silence only, it was getting awkward every minute.

"So you like sweets?" Y/n spoke first, "you seemed to love those cupcakes a lot, due to smashing your face on them," I now felt a little guilty that I just ruined a batch of decorated cupcakes.

"No,"

Y/n hummed, "Then how come you said I love then proceeded to eat those cupcakes,"

"I didn't eat the cupcakes," I compose my self for my new set of words, "I tripped and fell on them..." there's was silence again.

I heard Y/n burst out of laughter, I turned to look at her, "What's so funny?" I smirked, seeing that this is making her laugh and smile.

She held her stomach, trying to calm herself down, "You tripped?! How?!" she giggled, "I thought you were better than this?"

"I am..." I mumbled, "I was trying to say something else..." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"And what would that be?" Y/n furrowed her brows, frowning now.

I looked away, "Nothing..."