Chapter 36

POV: First person, Miguel.

I saw the man brought both of his hands to Y/n's cheeks, bring her face close to his, "Oh my god... is he really going to kiss her?" Gabriella whispered through the ear piece, "Miggy- oh! *cough cough* I'm still deciding," I heard Gabriella's normal voice turn deep, trying to imitate a short old man.

Knowing that Gabriella be safe, (I checked the models to see if there was any canon event. I sighed in relief when I found nothing of that sort) I started to walk towards the 'couple,'

I let out a sigh and a huff. As doing so, Gabriella wouldn't like this at all... but I also... wouldn't like that at all.

She'll make Gabriella upset if she ends up with someone else. She'll make me upset if she ends up with someone else.

I stop and stood in front of them, my frame covering them from the lights. They immediately sensed I was there, bringing their attention to me.

My gaze looked at Y/n's confused expression before going to look at the man's hands on her cheek to the man himself.

I saw a smirked on the man's face, "Nice bakery you got there," he bit his bottom lip, his hand now on Y/n's.

Change of plans, I'm blasting this weirdo. I took out an fire extinguisher, all eyes on me now, "So how big is-,"

"Miguel! What are you-," I cut both of them off, by spraying the man with the fire extinguisher.

The clear, white, carbon dioxide hit the man straight to his face, he flew out of the window.

Everyone gasped and screamed. Gabriella from behind clapped and cheered, "That was awesome!" people started to run out of the restaurant, calling the police along the way.

I smirked as I man groaned from out of the window. Everyone started to run around the place.

I noticed I somehow caused a fire. How?!

A waiter was holding a lit up burger, as he screamed and flinch, from the sudden crash of glass. Cause Omg the burger to fall to the floor, along with wine.

That caused the fire. With panic, I ran up to Gabriella and held her in my arms, I could see that panic in her face too. This... wasn't part of the plan. How could I let this happen? No no no, Y/n like this. And... where is she?

As I held Gabriella with one hand, holding her tight, I turned on the fire extinguisher with the other.

I blew out all of the fire, the carbon dioxide taking over, "Cover your mouth and nose, Cariño," I told Gabriella as she obliged and used her coat to cover her mouth and nose.

I coughed as I tired not to inhale the smoke and carbon. There was only the smell of the carbon and smoke, I couldn't see much, my eyes sting from the smoke.

"Y/n! Y/n, where are you?"  I called for her, I dropped the fire extinguisher and held Gabriella with both hands, "Cariño, can you sense her?" I asked, knowing that spiders who have spider senses, can sense each other.

Gabriella nodded, tried to focus on her spider senses. She shivers at the sudden feeling of us being watched, "She's... over there," she pointed to a direction, "She's really mad,"

I let out a sigh, not prepared what will happen next as I take a step. Walking pass the smoke, slightly coughing.

There was a faint tall shadow up ahead, it's figure becoming more and more visible by the eyes.

It was Y/n, with her arms crossed. Of course, she did not look happy. Just like us, covered in ashes. The fire tuck and police, came to deal with the mess I created.

With a sigh, she took Gabriella out of my arms and into hers. Y/n turned to Gabriella, "Are you okay, Cariño?" Y/n asked as she flipped some of Gabriella hair behind her ear.

Gabriella nodded, silently, not looking in the eyes of her mother, too scared on what her next words would be.

Y/n then turned to me, "You?" she walked closer to me.

I titled my head, confused by her kind attitude, thinking she would be furious and pop out her fangs and eyes, "Me... what?" I pointed to myself.

Y/n sighed again, shaking her head, "I meant are you okay as well?" she asked.

I looked away, "oh... yes, I'm fine,"

Y/n nodded and started to walk probably to her car. I stood there thinking that it was all over now.

I'll never see Gabriella again. I'll never feel such happiness again, wouldn't I? I screwed up.

Before I was to open up the portal, Y/n spoke from afar, "Miguel! Get inside the car!" she demanded as she tapped her foot, holding the door open for me to get inside the passenger seat.

I hesitantly looked at my watch to the car, I walked to the car, my eyes looking at Y/n's. I stood there, having second thoughts, "Get inside," she said again, she had a full glare planted on her face.

I immediately got into the passenger seat, having many many thoughts roam my head, as Y/n began to drive us home.

———{ }———

Y/n turned on the light of the apartment, taking off her shoes.

"Gabriella," Y/n didn't call her by her sweet name, with her arms crossed, "Miguel told me that this was your idea... is that true?" Y/n's gaze on the both of us went intense.

Thought I'm much taller than her, I can't help but feel so small, as if she can just grab me like some action figure and throw it.

Gabriella took a breath, "Yes... but! We didn't mean to- we didn't know this was going to happen..." she held back tears, I sooth her back for comfort, "I'm sorry, Mami,"

Y/n sighed, so soft on her daughter, "I'm going to have a talk with Miguel. So I want you go shower and go straight to bed," her voice was soft to only Gabriella.

Gabriella nodded and went to her room. Y/n turned to me, "Now you,"